What's new

Microsoft's new head honcho Satya Nadella (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Vidya interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8JwNZBJ_wI&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DT8JwNZBJ_wI%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&app=desktop

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I now feel.. wow. This is the first major CEO of any company in America that I actually knew at one point. Hell, I've eaten dinner with this guy, 20 years ago.

Now, admittedly, I haven't spoken 'boo' to him since 1995, but wow. I wonder if I should send a note and say 'hey, remember us who interned in 1995 and were part of the Windows NT 3.1, 3.11, 3.51 Development?' neh, doubt it would impact at all.

Still, I think this is a strong move for Microsoft. This is a clear bet on MS's cloud based future and I'm interested to see how it plays out. I would not be in any way surprised to see MS break into two in the next few years, spinning off the entertainment and mobile division. I know others think that's heresy since Elop proposed it and will see this as a break from that, but to me the reverse is true; putting Elop at the head of entertainment and mobile makes that switch, if the decide to do it, far easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks