What's new

Microsoft won't publish "Psychonauts," XSN Sports titles being "rested" (1 Viewer)

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting news from Gamespot:

Microsoft apparently has exited an agreement to publish Tim Schaefer's "Psychonauts." I'm disappointed but not surprised, given the lack of recent news (or really, any news) about this title since its announcement. I hope Schaefer pulls it together and finds a new publisher, though.

Also, Microsoft won't publish new versions of NBA Inside Drive, NFL Fever, etc. this year, ostensibly because these titles didn't meet fans' standards.

Of course, taking this latest news in conjunction with other recent developments (key personnel leaving, rumors of no hard drive for Xbox Next, "XNA," etc.) Microsoft could also be tightening its belt on the gaming division all around. (Rampant speculation on my part, to be sure.)

Or perhaps Microsoft is merely paving the way for EA to publish its sports titles on Xbox this year with full Live functionality. (Also rampant speculation.)

Anyway, will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens next.

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
Which would probably mean a two-year break, since most observers are now predicting that the next generation of consoles won't arrive until 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks