What's new

Microsoft spent $100M on Xbox One Controller (1 Viewer)

Kevin Collins

Former owner, from the first state with COVID-19
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Collins
Venture Beat just had a report that MS spent $100M on the XBox One Controller. Does the controller look like $100M worth of difference from the XBox 360 controller?

xbox-one-controller.jpg

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
From the reviews of the One that I've read, the controller seems to have some neat features but a lot of people are saying the Dual Shock 4 is overall a better design. Whatever, people can get used to either one well enough to not complain about using it for the next 5-7 years.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, now I know why the Xbone costs 500 bucks and is being pushed hard by MS. A 100 million bucks on a controller? Wow.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Small potatoes considering the industry, pocket change considering the manufacturer.

Im sure it will make a great little tax write-off ;)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'd prefer they spent that money on R&D for the other features that aren't fully baked yet.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
To be fair, both consoles are lacking some of their promised features. The big issue with the XBOne, from what I've read, is that the core features that define it are not that amazing (e.g. talking to Kinect doesn't always work and people often prefer not to yell at their TV). Conversely, the PS4's in-the-box features work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks