What's new

Microsoft recalls Xbox cords (1 Viewer)

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the reminder. Did it for my 3 friends and my brother.

They have Xbox's manufactured all on the same date 10/21/2001.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra

I know my eyesight is pretty bad, but for those of you who have ordered the replacement cord via the web, where is the "Power Cord Replacement for Xbox Link" on the web site?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
On the right side of the main page, it's the advertisement-looking box above the X-Box Live graphic but below where it says 'Support'. Red border with a white field that says:

Important Safety Notice
Power Cord Replacement for XBOX
Click Here

Here is a direct link if you live in the US. :)

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
OK...I'm losin' it. I typed in the www.xbox.com URL address and it re-directs me to the default main page, http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm.
I don't see anything close that resembles what David has posted. I'm using FireFox and thought that maybe it was blocking the link for some reason. But I tried accessing the web site using IE and got the same thing. Weird. Maybe my firewall is filtering it out.

Anyhow, thanks David for the direct link. It came in handy.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
That is so weird because it's there just as plain as day: The first column has The Punisher, the second column lists recent videogames and third column starts with the power cord recall link. :confused:

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I ordered mine too. Funny thing is I've been using different power cords with the XBox and have had no problems. What exactly is the requirement for power?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It's something to do with the overheating. I just got my replacement cord yesterday, I opened it up and it has a fairly big box like recepticle on the plug itself that sort of looks like a GFCI plug with a "reset" button and a small red led with a small manual (!) and a yellow button. I haven't hooked it up yet but apparently there is some problems with overheating, possibly causing an internal fire to the xbox so MS must of made a fuse/relay that will shut power off if it detects an overheating condition.

Jay

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Jay, how long did it take for you to get your cord from the time you ordered it?

Just curious as MS sent out a mass email w/ each order saying "2-3 weeks" but my order has already shipped, according to the status page on their website, and I can't imagine it takes 2-3 weeks even via snail mail.

Users who are viewing this thread