What's new

Microsoft Negotiating to Revive NBC's "Heroes" As XBOX Exclusive (1 Viewer)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Everything I've read says this would almost entirely focus on new characters, so I'd be for it. I still maintain that one of Heroes' biggest issues was that it fell in love with its characters in season 1, and instead of moving on when it should have, they just dug in deeper and deeper (even bringing back everyone from death to the point where the idea of consequences became laughable).

If they reboot it correctly, it could still work. I think the possible breaking point here would be a potential smaller budget if being done for Xbox, which could undermine the special effects of a superhero show.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What does this mean? Will they require you to pay for Xbox Gold in order to pay for episodes of Heroes? Why be exclusive to Xbox, and ignore the much larger market of Netflix, iTunes, and amazon?And that's assuming a reboot show corrects the fatal flaw that Joe H nails.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
DaveF said:
What does this mean? Will they require you to pay for Xbox Gold in order to pay for episodes of Heroes? Why be exclusive to Xbox, and ignore the much larger market of Netflix, iTunes, and amazon?And that's assuming a reboot show corrects the fatal flaw that Joe H nails.
Not entirely sure how this specifically would be distributed, but the current Xbox Video store (on both the console, and Windows 8 / RT, where it has the same Xbox branding) is like iTunes, you pay per episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
There are plenty of shows I'd like a revival of more. "Heroes" had an excellent first season, and then wasted the three seasons that followed. Some shows didn't get a chance to find their full potential. This show had plenty of changes.Good news for those who were big fans to the end, though.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Adam Lenhardt said:
There are plenty of shows I'd like a revival of more. "Heroes" had an excellent first season, and then wasted the three seasons that followed. Some shows didn't get a chance to find their full potential. This show had plenty of changes.Good news for those who were big fans to the end, though.
I don't know if it had a great first season, it had a great first story.. the "Save the Cheerleader", once that storyline was over and they moved on to Chapter2 it died.

Depending on how they do it, it could be quite good.
Word is that you'll basically get the season with an XBOX Gold sub.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Adam Gregorich said:
I almost think its been too long since the original series was on for this to really be viable.
Well, Arrested Development finished in 2006, and is coming back. Heroes finished in 2010.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think you have to view this more as "Heroes: The Next Generation" because I can't think of many cast members who would come back; most are on other things now.

But if you take the core concept, you can play with it. If it runs as a simple serial story, and they move on to the next story, could be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks