Microsoft MN-740 65.54 at Amazon

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by Cameron Yee, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    The Microsoft MN-740 Wireless-G Adapter designed for use on the XBox is on sale at Amazon for $65.54 and qualifies for free shipping. This is about $15 less than other reliable, online sources and about $35 less than some B&M retailers. Though configuration of the unit can only be done through the XBox console, once configured it can be used with other devices (e.g. ReplayTV).

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Interesting. The 86.95 is actually through Office Depot by way of Amazon. I ordered two on Sunday for the $65.54 and they are on their way to me. I followed the links I went through before (Amazon>Computers>Networking) and to the right there is still the ad for the sale on Microsoft networking gear, with the exception of the MN-740 being available. Looks like people scooped 'em up!

Now that this is defunct, your next option (precluding another sale) would actually be a B&M Target where it's being sold for 79.99. I also tried the Linksys WGA11, which is good enough for gaming but may not be good enough for file downloads from Replays. Circuit City has it for 79.99 plus a $20 rebate.

3. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee

You mean when the XBox does its wireless diagnostic and shows the quality of the signal? I can't recall what/if it showed when I had with the Linksys hooked up, otherwise I could tell you if it's unique to the MN-740.

4. Cameron Yee

Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Yeah, that's interesting. For the life of me I can't remember either way if there was that info with the WGA11.

5. Kevin Alexander

Kevin Alexander Screenwriter

I bought this last month from Amazon for $59 shipped. They sure did up the price in a hurry.