What's new

Microsoft Is Teh Funy (1 Viewer)

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
When you can't beat the competition to market you can always just snipe at them......
Link Removed

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's really that funny. I think it's kinda low.

It's funny that MS has to bash Nintendo and Sony for things that aren't really big deals anyway rather than because of the games (which MS constantly says are the most important things). Then again, MS can't really bash either for games because MS would lose.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
It's hilarious. Lighten up Morgan, you dont find it funny because you are too deeply entrenched in your anti-Microsoft sentiment to see the humor in it. Chances are it's all just a joke concocted by the IGN folks anyway.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I know it's a joke, but I still don't find it funny.

Like on Conan O'Brien, when he did the sketch with the pictures he took from the Oscars and Max Weinberg came with a shirt that had Oscar the Grouch on it and Joel didn't find it funny, Max had to explain that it was Oscar the Grouch and not the Oscar statue. Joel replied with, "I get it, it's still a stupid joke."

JasonK

Supporting Actor
That was pretty clever. :laugh: Reminds me of the era of 'Sega does what Nintendon't'. Sega had a well done ad campaign in the Genesis era.
I also wouldn't be surpised if it's something the IGN guys cooked up themselves.

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I agree with Morgan that this isn't very funny. It's pretty obviously an attempt at deflecting attention from the rather unavoidable fact that Microsoft's online service isn't out yet and Sony's is.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
It's pretty obviously an attempt at deflecting attention from the rather unavoidable fact that Microsoft's online service isn't out yet and Sony's is.
Lets not blow a small little internet gag out of proportion here. At most this little sight gag is making the rounds at a few forums and has been reported at a few sites. If Microsoft really wanted to deflect attention away from Sony's online launch this is the least effective way of doing it. Is it a diversionary tactic? Of course. Its a bit mean spirited but amusing nonetheless. In the end I'm sure a strong Xbox Live marketing campaign scheduled for say *RIGHT NOW* would have been a more solid and far reaching way of doing what you propose than a measly little joke that most people would just giggle at and move on..

I agree with the above, some people need to lighten up and take it for what it is, a joke from a competing company in the videogame industry (ala Sega vs Nintendo). I can't wait to see what Sony cooks up in retaliation..(This should be fun *evil snicker*)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not trying to be negative (again) but this thread really should be in VG Hardware (that forum is relatively dead compared to the VG Software forum, and this thread is about a joke related to hardware, not software).

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
In the end I'm sure a strong Xbox Live marketing campaign scheduled for say *RIGHT NOW* would have been a more solid and far reaching way of doing what you propose than a measly little joke that most people would just giggle at and move on..
It seems to me that a massive campaign "*RIGHT NOW*" would just draw more attention to the gap in availibility. MS would say "play online with your X-Box! Coming soon!" and everybody would notice that Sony is saying "play online with your PS2! Right now!"

And as for "it's a joke, lighten up" -- you mean this is a JOKE? Well, shucks, silly me! Cheap sarcasm aside, the problem here is that it's not funny. This seems like something a bunch of "nosepicking geeks" (phrase stolen from some guy in the Evil Avatar forums, where even the X-Box fanboys are admitting this is about as funny as cancer) cooked up. I don't think Kevin Smith is funny either, guess I need to just "lighten up" some more and he'll become endlessly hilarious to me. The fact that I am already bitter over the repeated delays of X-Box Live and the fact that MS has once again been pipped to the post by Sony has admittedly drained my sense of humor regarding the whole "online wars" thing.

And Morgan's right (again), this belongs in Hardware, my bad.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
And as for "it's a joke, lighten up" -- you mean this is a JOKE? Well, shucks, silly me! Cheap sarcasm aside, the problem here is that it's not funny. This seems like something a bunch of "nosepicking geeks" (phrase stolen from some guy in the Evil Avatar forums, where even the X-Box fanboys are admitting this is about as funny as cancer) cooked up.
Good grief! I can't even fathom how someone can get upset over a joke like this. It's a freaking joke. Companies divert attention from one another all the time.

Were you upset when Sony made that series of PSX commercials with Crash outside of NOA HQ? I thought it was funny.

What should MS do? Just sit around and do nothing while Sony launches their online games? Would that be smart? Hell no it wouldn't! This is basically just advertising. It's just a funny way of pointing out that they (MS) think their plan is superior and worth waiting for.

Aaron

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
Good grief! I can't even fathom how someone can get upset over a joke like this. It's a freaking joke. Companies divert attention from one another all the time.
Were you upset when Sony made that series of PSX commercials with Crash outside of NOA HQ? I thought it was funny.
What should MS do? Just sit around and do nothing while Sony launches their online games? Would that be smart? Hell no it wouldn't! This is basically just advertising. It's just a funny way of pointing out that they (MS) think their plan is superior and worth waiting for.
I liked the Crash commercials because they were funny. The key difference here is that I don't think this is particularly funny. And at least Sony had a competitive product available when they began taking jabs at the competition, the "competitive product" here won't be out until November. Of course this isn't a tremendously big deal, just the proverbial lemon juice in the sucking chest wound. The main point is that, to me at least, it's not very funny, just petty. I can make a long list of other things I personally don't think are very funny but I think "Kevin Smith" and "cancer" are a pretty good start for now.
I must say, however, that I do find the last bit of your post very funny. MS thinks their plan is superior? Good for them, with that kind of confidence they can't lose. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks