What's new

Microsoft IE7 Beta 2 Public Preview (1 Viewer)

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
I hear that Firefox 2.0 will not only detect malicious emails and allow you to track down the sender's location, but it will also open a page that will allow you to access Strategic Air Command targeting computers, and launch a missile attack on the location ;)

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
IE 7 is considered an update, so no...it won't allow you to run 6 and 7 simultaneously to compare. It's the same reason you can't run Outlook XP and 2003 on the same machine at the same time. I tested updating and then removing from a spare machine and I didn't have any problems going back to 6.

So far I like it, but I'm not doing hand springs. I'm not seeing the big deal about the tabs so far. The "Show Desktop" shortcut achieves the same thing as minimizing IE7. I am curious to test the phishing philter like Bryan. Were's a fake paypal E-mail when you need one?

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
Close out of all programs.

Uninstall from Control Panel>Add/Remove programs.

Put a check in the box that says, "Show Updates"

Scroll down through the "Windows XP Software Updates" and near the bottom you'll find "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview". Highlight and click "Remove" like you would any other program.

Reboot when prompted and salt and pepper to taste. ;)

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
A new beta build was released yesterday for public previewing (link). According to Microsoft, this new build is 'layout complete,' and will not undergo any further rendering engine changes, i.e. web designers can update their code and not concern themselves with incompatibilities with the final version of IE7, which is due out later this year.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm using the new version now. It took a bit of tweaking in the registry to get it to install sucessfully. The best part about it is that it runs MUCH faster and more smoothly than IE6. Movietickets.com always hangs for a several seconds in IE6, no such problems even with the beta of IE7. The anti-aliasing is pretty cool, much more advanced than the IE6 aliasing is.
The new GUI is both a big pro and the biggest con. By having everything compressed into such a small area, it creates alot more screen space for the actual webpage. The con is that unlike IE6, you can't modify most of the interface. If I do switch back, it'll be because I miss having the level of customizability with my bars. Even though all of the features are accounted for, I miss the ease and directness of the explorer bar. One thing that's really cool is that IE7 integrates tab integration like MacOS integrates window navigation:
[url=http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4012/ie7awesome0vs.jpg] [/url]

EDIT: AIM s/ns removed to protect the innocent.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks