Microsoft Cordless Mouse

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Could someone tell me how much better (or otherwise) the cordless mouse is compared to a regular mouse when playing games please?

2. Dereck Graefer

In general, cordless are not the best for games. They seem to be a little inacurate because of the low sampling rate. If you want a good cordless mouse for gaming, check out the logitech MX700. It's an optical cordless and seems to work well with games(so I've heard). It comes with rechargable batteries and a charger. I have an older optical cordless mouse and can't really complain about it. I imagine the new MX700 would perform very well. I think is has a MSRP of $80.
    I found a review for the logitech
    http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...,624185,00.asp

3. Mark Giles

Mark Giles Second Unit

Ive had my Intelli Cordless Mouse by MS for several months and havnt experienced any problems with it. I play games like UT2K3(mostly fps games). Ive heard the same claims as Dereck states but it works fine for me. The only gripe I have with these mice are they are battery hogs. I go thru 2 AA batteries every other week. I'm on my computer at least 2 1/2 hours a day though. A recharger is the best way to go. I had the MS optical mouse w/cord prior to this one and I don't remember there being a difference at all. The cord went bad so that's why I went cordless. I love the freedom and plan to purchase a cordless logitech keyboard next.

4. Mike Voigt

Mike Voigt Supporting Actor

I use a Logitech M-RM63 w/o too much hassle. Occasionally, the battery needs to be replaced, but it sure is nice to just put that pad anywhere and not worry about "entanglements" of the mousy type...!

Mike

5. Rodon

Rodon Second Unit

Just so you know Microsoft released a cordless InteliExplorer built on teh Blue Tooth Wireless technology.

6. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

7. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I love my Logitech cordless mouse. I don't much heavy gaming on my PC so I can't comment on that aspect...

8. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Mark:
    Part of me might be a salesman talking, but....
    The new NiMH rechargeables are supposed to be pretty good.... supposedly they last longer per charge than alkalines do. You may want to consider them for your mouse. [​IMG]

9. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

10. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I'd love that new Logitech MX700 but it's a bit pricey...I might have to spring for though. I 'm addicted to mice! [​IMG]

11. Tom Lowden

Tom Lowden Agent

I use both the MS Intellimouse Explorer (optical mouse with cord) and the MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer (cordless optical mouse) on a daily basis. Between the two, there is a definite (albeit slight) lag and inaccuracy in the cordless version. I really like both, but for games I'd definitely go w/ the corded version of these two.

12. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

I actually use a MS IntelliMouse Explorer also -- but I SPECIFICALLY have gotten the old model (at great personal expense). I find the new one (3.0) has a less favorable design IMHO. Anyone else feel this way??

13. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

I'd just like to say that my old Microsoft IR mouse that I got 3 years ago finally died today [​IMG] . So, I searched this forum, found this thread, followed a couple review links and jumped in the Jeep to go to Best Buy and pickup the Logitech Mx700. So far I love this mouse, its awesome.
    Setup is very easy, and it has some awesome features. The buttons for scrolling are very nice for reading the forum. And so far I have noticed no lag from my other mouse.
    The Logitech really is worth the money, and its so nice not having that damn cord getting in the way.
    JQ

14. Ning Wong

Ning Wong Stunt Coordinator

i have the mx700
    AWESOME mouse.
    the best deal u can get irght now is at amazon.com.
    i believe it's around $45 after rebates.
    [​IMG]