Micro Satellites: Which do you have?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Brad Scott, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Brad Scott

Brad Scott Agent

Hello,

I am looking for very small, unobtrusive satellite speakers for my 21 x 13 family room. I like the diminutive size of the Bose cubes, but desire better quality sound. I'd like to mount them on the wall, rather than on stands/bookshelves. I'm also on a really tight budget as well - say $600 - $700 for hopefully 5 satellites and a sub.

I like the Gallos for their size and aethetics, but I'm not sure about their sound capabilities; do they sound as small as they actually are?

What are some other budget-conscience choices for good sound from a small footprint?

2. george king

george king Supporting Actor

Do I have a suggestion for you. Go to www.rutledgeaudiodesign.com and take a look at the RADMicros.

Brian is selling the 5.1 system for $750. For that you get 5 speakers and a sub, that are CUSTOM built for you.

I have bought stuff from Brian before. He is a great guy, and he will answer all of your questions (and I had a lot) quickly.

The best thing though is the quality of the craftsmanship. These are amazingly well made speakers, that are far better made than anything you will get commerically.

I am a very satisfied customer (repeat) of Brians, and when I get some more money, he will be getting my business in the future.

If you have any doubts, do a search on my name, and see what I have posted on Brian's stellar work in the past.

Good luck

3. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well I like the Klipsch Quintets. They offer a nice package of 5 satellite speakers that are about 7 inches high... They have wall mounts right on them so they can either be mounted or just stood up and add nicely to the decor.

Klipsch is a brighter sound than most but these satellites are very nice, not "screechy" if you want to put it that way. They blend in very nicely I think and would be a nice addition to anyones home theater.

Also, the 5 speaker package runs about about $375 or so at Bestbuy and a seperate Subwoofer is anywhere from $100+, usually a $200 sub is decent enough to do a job, $300 is recommended... usually lower sub freq. at $300 range as well more defined than a $200 sub.

4. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

I also like the Quintets. I bought a pair off of Ebay a few months ago to use for my surrounds. They blend in to the walls nice and they sound good too.