What's new

Micro ATX power supply (1 Viewer)

I managed to burn out the Micro ATX power supply in my Sony VAIO desktop. I looked at the power supply before buying an ATI 9700 video card and it said that it was a 295 watt power supply. The ATI card requires a system with a 300 watt power supply. So I thought I was okay, but I didn't realize that the Sony power supply was not a "true" 300 watts. At any rate, I need a new power supply and cannot find a Micro ATX (it's smaller than a regular ATX supply) with a rating of over 185 watts. If anyone knows of a MIcro ATX power supply in the 300 watt or above range, I'd sure appreciate the info. Thanks.

Larry Carlson

KyleS

Screenwriter
First I would call Sony and see if they will replace the power supply under warranty and second Check with Sony for the Upgraded power supply. You could be in for a fun time finding one though out of the suppliers that I know none of them had over a 185 watt Mini power supply. It might be cheaper to get a new case with a 3-400 watt power supply and move over the parts inside the sony case. Buy a regular ATX case though since the baby ATX Motherboard will still fit.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks