"Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas" released 11/9/04

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul Hillenbrand, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
    Even though the DVD technical specifications state that the features on the disc are:
    I have black bars on the top and bottom of my 16x9 screen, the same size as a 1.85:1 ratio movie.[​IMG] Can some other people please verify this for me?

Thanks,

Paul

2. John Whittle

John Whittle Stunt Coordinator

Well, I just put the disc in and with my Toshiba player (which send the 16:9 flags) on my trusty old JVC 16:9 55 inch set, the disc plays in 16:9 for all menus and the picture (only looked at the opening main title).

No black bars.

My "other" player doesn't send the auto switch (which I think for my legacy equipment is a dc voltage on the s-video cable) and other sets I've run across don't auto-switch.

John

3. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
    Thanks John.

It seems that the real aspect ratio of the disc is hard to detect. My Sony 34" 16x9 also overscans and shows a full picture, where as my Apple 21" HD Cinema Display shows the image with the same (top and bottom) size black bars as the movie "The Stepford Wives", which has the OAR of 1.85:1.

Another [​IMG] puzzlement that I didn't notice before was the small black bars on the right and left side of the monitor for MTUAC. Similar and a little thinner than the 1.66:1 AR of "The Lion King", where as there is no visible side bars on the 1.85:1 "The Stepford Wives".[​IMG]

Paul