mickey mouse in living color - i am a bit dissapointed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Jan 25, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

Dec 2, 2001
    had it been called disney's cartoon classic, i wouldnt be this dissapointed.

i got a feeling that mickey mouse character is a loser. i havent watched the second disc, but the first disc was full of pluto, donald, and goofy. seems like mickey was just a supporting character!

i just dont understand why people love mickey so much, given this circumstances.

so i tried to forget the "mickey mouse" title on the dvd cover, and enjoy my nostalgia...a few years in the future, my baby boy would also enjoy this dvd...i hope.

now i want "donald duck" in living color!!!
  2. Ed St. Clair

Ed St. Clair Producer

May 7, 2001
    Mickey is a supporting mouse! On the disc they talk of how 'limited' MM is. The fact that he's "just not that funny". I feel otherwise. I was also surprized to see how 'mean', for a cartoon that is, MM was early on.
  3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Apr 19, 2000
    Mickey played a more significant role in earlier cartoons, but he was done in by his popularity. The world loved him so that they wouldn't accept him in more provocative situations. As such, Disney had to make him more benign and innocuous and leave the fun up to Donald, Goofy, and the others. Eventually Disney staff hated writing for Mickey because it was so tough to crank out interesting new tales for him - they could create material for the others much more quickly...
  4. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

May 16, 2001
    Patrick McCart
    The 1928-1935 B&W Mickeys better represent the character of Mickey Mouse.

Hopefully, Disney will release a set of the first 40 B&W Mickey Mouse cartoons as another Disney Treasures set.