Mickey Mouse in Color-OOP?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matthew Anderson, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson Second Unit

Matthew Anderson
    I am having a hard time finding a dvd site that has the Disney Treasure DVD-Mickey Mouse in Color. Is this out of print already? Sites like ebay, amazon and half.com have it but the prices are way too high. Thanks.

2. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

I can't help w/online but try your local Best Buy. The one that I visit had 4 copies last week.
    Good luck!

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Mickey Mouse in Color was released last year in a limited edition of 150,000. Perhaps it's finally mostly sold out?

So, yes, technically it's out of print since they only made 150,000. But you still may find some in shops (not sure about on-line). Last time I was in my Best Buy, they had all seven tins (4 from last year, and the 3 new releases) for $29.99 each.

4. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    The Costco stores around here still have many copies at about $22.

5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Expensive, yes. Worth it? YES!

Buy all of the Disney Treasures if you can (although, Davy Crocket may not be your thing) and you'll thank yourself. The Mickey in color DVD is wonderful...some of the best cartoons ever made are on that set. I'd also pick up the B&W set, Silly Symphonies, and The Complete Goofy... and the B&W Mickey set if you're into it.

Disney has been producing a lot of misses, but at least have their hits live up to their "special edition" or "collectable" name.

6. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Does the Mickey Mouse in Color set have the cartoon where they go on a camping trip in this trailer hitch looking thing where Donald and Mickey get seperated, but Goofy is totally oblivious to it.

7. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart
    Dome:
    The cartoon you described is Mickey's Trailer and it's on the 2nd disc of the Mickey Mouse in Living Color DVD set. One of my favorites.

8. Dome Vongvises

Ah nuts. Now that's just one more DVD to go and buy. I know I can find it somewhere.

9. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson
    Thanks for all the advice. I ended up finding the Mickey Mouse in Living Color dvd on Disney's web site for $22.99

10. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

As suggested before, if you can, also pick up the Silly Symphonies, and the Complete Goofy. We've had the first two for a while and my son loves them. We just let him open Goofy for Christmas today and it is wonderful. These are truly some of the best sets ever released. I'm glad Disney has put them out, not only for my son, but for me.

11. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I've just decided that I need to get the short compilations myself. They are just too important to film history to not own.

Personally, I'm gonna pass on Disneyland USA and Davy Crockett - I rented them a couple months ago, and I can't see watching them again.

As for Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studios - I'll give it a rent and see what I think.

But both Mickey sets, Silly Symphonies, and especially Goofy are mine!

12. Chad A Wright

Chad A Wright Supporting Actor

After watching more of the Goofy set, this could be an even better set than the Mickey in Color set. I'm going to pick up the Mickey B&W today. I've passed on the Disneyland USA and Behind the Scenes sets. Are these any good?

13. Lars Vermundsberget

Lars Vermundsberget Supporting Actor

I think they're good and fascinating, but it depends on what you're looking for. "Behind the scenes..." is basically a collection of bonus materials.

14. Dome Vongvises

Well, I'm going to take a gander at the local Wal-Marts in my area to see if they got any. BTW, I noticed the Disney Store doesn't list availability. Did you get your copy, Matthew Anderson?

15. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart

16. Rick Blaine

Rick Blaine Stunt Coordinator

Unless you are a Disney Geek or over 40 you may not find Disneyland USA and Davy Crockett very interesting. I grew up with that stuff, coon skin cap and mouse ears, so these discs have a great nostalgic value to me.
    For comedy I prefer the WB cartoons. They are much more sophisticated than Disney, but one cannot ignore the artistic merit and historical significance of Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy cartoons.
    For any collector the Disney Tins are a must!
    RB[​IMG]

17. Dome Vongvises

I just called their 800 number. They've still got some in stock!!! Oh crap, that means everybody that doesn't have one on this forum will try to get one.

goes to Disney web page

18. Matthew Anderson

Matthew Anderson
    Dome,
    The Disney web site said my Mickey Mouse in Living Color dvd is in transit via Airborne. It should arrive today or tomorrow hopefully.

19. Lyle_JP

Lyle_JP Screenwriter

When I was at Disneyland over the weekend, they still had several on the shelves of the music and video store on Main Street. There were plenty of the Disneyland USA and Davy Crockett discs as well, though I didn't see any Silly Symphonies.

-Lyle J.P.

20. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    I just ordered Mickey Mouse: In Living Color from disneystore.com as well. They are the only online site I've found that still has it. However, they didn't have Silly Symphonies in stock....but amazon.com did! [​IMG] [​IMG]