Mickey Hart on the remixing of "American Beauty" for DVD-A

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack Gilvey, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

Thanks for the link. Interesting - but Mickey is over the top! He dreams in surround sound!! Come on. I don't think the acid from the 1970 run at the Fillmore East wore off yet - Mickey must have gotten a real good dose. [​IMG]
    Anyway, I love the two new Dead DVD-As, and from the way the article is worded, "he decided to tackle these two (American Beauty and Workingman's) first". Can we assume there is more to come? Let's hope so.

2. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

I received both these dvd-a disks for xmas and love them both [​IMG]

3. Bill Leber

Bill Leber Stunt Coordinator

I didn't even know Workingman's was out yet! I just got American Beauty for Christmas and think it's great, but a couple songs (Brokedown Palace in particular) seem to have too much reverb, or perhaps delay in the rears.

4. Vinny Petronio

Vinny Petronio Stunt Coordinator

I am playing that track right now to make a comparison to what you were observing and I beleive it is the mix combined with the delay it is alittle on the brite side track 8 till the morning comes sounds alot better I think I will try this album in stereo mode and enjoy it more[​IMG]
    I was right switch to the stereo mode on the disk and you will see a difference it's much better with out the rears He also has it mixed so you get the impression that you are in the center of the band with the speakers from the instraments set behind the band another reason for the difference in the rear sound