What's new

Michigan (1 Viewer)

Jason Co

Second Unit
I posted in the HTF local meets but no one read it!!!! I am interested in getting some of the Michiganders together for some tips and possibly trading. I enjoy this forum but I think meeting some people would be pretty cool. I would really enjoy seeing and hearing about other people's setups.

I guess no one from Meeechigan reads the local meet page so I figured I would try my luck in here. Please post if interested.

Jason (representing Meeeeechigan)

Jason Co

Second Unit
Well Jasen (cool name btw) I guess I am just trying to generate some interest then we can hammer out some details. I am not able to really do anything on the weekend until the 26th of October. I would obviously have to check with the wife to see if I could host such an event. Mind you my viewing area is not all that big. I have a decent system but am hungry to learn more. I think if people want to bring movies etc. we could do a bit of trading and just have a good time. I live in Ypsilanti just outside of Ann Arbor. So let's just see what kind of response we get.

Jason

Jim_F

Screenwriter
There have been a few meets arranged over at AVS. I haven't been to any, but they sound very nice with FPs in dedicated rooms and such.

I enjoy showing off my humble rig, but those guys are out of my league.

Jason Co

Second Unit
EXACTLY Jim. I saw the same thread and I agree 100%. Don't get me wrong I love the impressive theaters. What I am talking about is the blue collar setup. Maybe we can share some tips on how to get the most out of a modest setup. Know what I'm sayin?

Jason

Anthony S

Agent
Jason,

I live in Ypsi Township near the intersection of Textile and Whitaker roads. Sounds like this could be fun. I be interested.

Tony

Jason Co

Second Unit
Tony,
Not far from me at all. I live near the corner of Carpenter Road and Michigan Ave. I also have a full Axiom setup which will give some people the chance to hear them for themselves.

Jason

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I would definately be interested in a meet. My weekends are pretty booked up until after October, but I have to check with my organic organizer (girlfriend) before I can commit to any particular day. Ann Arbor is less than two hours away from Kalamazoo so it could easily be a day trip.

Mark Paquette

Supporting Actor
I'd be interested in a meet like that. I'm about 45 minutes frm Ann Arbor and always looking for a reason to go there.

Jason Co

Second Unit
Okay, here's the deal. If I am going to host the first one of these would anyone be opposed to having this during a weeknight? It looks to me like Mark, Jasen, Anthony, and possibly Michael would be interested. If we would rather do it on a weekend, say a Saturday, the first available Saturday I could do it would be November 2nd. Give me some feedback so I can figure out how to put this together. You can either post it here or drop me an e-mail at [email protected].
Jason

Jason Co

Second Unit
Ok. SO let's tenatively say that the Blue Collar Meet (IF ya can think of a better name feel free) will be Saturday, November 2nd. I will volunteer to host. Give me some feedback fellas.

Jason

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I would be interested but weeknights would be almost impossible due to my schedule and the distance involved. Also, an itinerary of the events would be kinda cool, just to gauge if it is something to do the drive for. Sounds like a good idea, though. Hope it gets off the ground.

Anthony S

Agent
I'll have to check my work schedule. I work weekends every 5-6 weeks. I'll also have to check my wife's schedule as we have a two year old son. She works part-time evenings but only gets a 4 week schedule so go ahead and plan and I'll see if I can make it the that time.

Tony

Jason Co

Second Unit
I have researched some of the other HTF local meets just to see some of the things they do and talk about. I think some great ideas are:
- Discussing any DIY projects you have done or are currently working on

- Tweaks and innovative ideas on a modest budget, ranging anywhere form gear to cables or where to get cheap movies.

- I know I would be interested in doing some dvd trading.

- Feedback on setups. By hosting the first one I welcome any feedback on my setup and how I can improve/change it for the better

My personal experience is rather limited, but I love to learn. Even if this thing doesn't get off the ground I would like to get a couple of people that live relatively close to each other to get together and maybe we can actually improve each others setup.

If anyone has any other topics they are really wondering about post them and we can put them on the docket.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks