What's new

Michael Palin travelogues (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
I was just wondering if any of my friends across the pond or here in the states can give me an idea about the quality of the region 2 DVDs of Mr. Palin's adventures?

I'm beginning to doubt that region 1 DVDs are coming anytime soon--apart from Himalaya of course. I'll have to put out a little money for a region free player and for the exchange rate, but I'm tired of waiting for a region 1 release.

And don't get me started on the dearth of Laurel and Hardy material on region 1 dvd!

Danny Burk

Second Unit
I just ordered the full set a few days ago from Amazon UK. The reviews there were very positive. Judging by the quality of the other R2 BBC material I've received (David Attenborough and other nature docus), I'm expecting them to be excellent. I'll repost after they arrive next week!

Danny

DaveRU

Stunt Coordinator
The quality of the later ones are excellent Full Circle, Sahara & Himalaya.
80 Days & Pole to Pole are starting to show their age, but are better than they have ever been :emoji_thumbsup:

WillLon

Agent
Real Name
Wil
I purchased both Sahara and Himalaya earlier this year. I gave up waiting for a US release. Himalaya is probably Palin's best series ever in terms of taking you where you've never been or never will go. Need to watch again very soon.

The quality of both R2 discs on my multi-region player to my 36" NTSC TV is outstanding. The BBC discs seem to have a slick coating on the [single] data sides (resists scratches ?). The packaging of Himalaya in a double-thick plastic keep case, with disc 2 & 3 on the inside back cover, is so practical I wish US companies would produce this quality. (hey, Universal!).

Via Amazon UK the sets arrived at my midwest home within 7 days from online purchase. This is faster than almost every US order I've ever place.

Cheers....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks