What's new

Michael Mann's THE KEEP (1 Viewer)

AndrewWickliffe

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Wickliffe

I just googled and found a bit about Mann doing special features with Paramount, this was from late last year.

I found nothing about the cancellation. I checked DVDActive, DVDTimes, The Bits, DavisDVD, and so on....

Amusingly, ALEXANDER got a 16% on Rotten Tomatoes....

and THE KEEP got 14%.

Rob_Walton

Second Unit
Agreed. This is certainly a movie I'm interested in seeing again. And one of the few which might well benefit from a director's cut.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

Absolutely. The sequel books are a bit of a let-down, until you reach the final one of "The Adversary Cycle", NIGHTWORLD which is every bit as good as THE KEEP.

Interestingly, Wilson manages to link in his other works, so much so that some sites have made THE TOMB (now republished under it's original title RAKOSHI) and THE TOUCH part of the series - characters and ideas from what are strictly speaking stand-alone novels appear in the final "Adversary" book.

And yeah, it's not giving anything away to tell you that both Glaeken and Rasalom are in it...

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Any new info on this? I'd love to see this movie again.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I just re-read the book. Would love to see this on DVD. It was announced once, (quite a while ago now), then Paramount reneged on putting it out. It's about time they finally went through with releasing it.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I never read the book. May have to add it to my summer reading list.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
What a coincidence, I'm about to watch this and there's a thread on it. The film is more than a little bonkers but I like it, a lot more than I did Mann's last film, Miami Vice. :)

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer
I just finished the book a few weeks ago and frankly, I like Mann's take on the material better. I hope we get a director's cut of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks