What's new

Michael Mann's "Heat" DVD (1 Viewer)

Mick B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mick
I heard that deniro and pacino didn't actually film any scenes together. what'd i say...what'd i say. :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The real reason why this DVD lacks extras is because the movie is 3 hours long.

Great transfer for both the video and sound, IMO. I'd rather see the bitrate go towards the presentation rather than some supplements (which Michael Mann prefers simple DVD's to keep the viewer focused on the movie, not how it was made.)

wally

Second Unit
Patrick,
Glad to see your not a lost cause after your views on AI ;)
I love this movie too and would buy an SE in a second! Extras on disc 2.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
You guys are bitching about the picture on the DVD shouldve seen the laserdisc. It was crappy. The DVD looks fine to me. Also the audio is mindblowing. Great movie, great sound, great picture, cheap price...Go buy it!
Being one of my top 10 favorite movies I would spend the night in front of the video store for a SE of this title. :)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I don't think I'd really prefer a SE. About the only extra I'd like to see really is a commentary with either Pacino and DeNiro together (that would be sweet!!!!!) or possibly a commentary with Michael Mann himself.

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
People raving about the sound of this DVD must not be familiar with the LD. As much as I hate to say it, the pro-logic track on the LD just BLOWS THE DVD 5.1 AWAY. I was pretty disappointed as this is without a doubt my favorite flick! (Not that the DVD 5.1 track is bad of course, it just doesn't have the same umph!)

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Mike_Skill, I totally agree with you on the LD sound! The bass was just so much more defined on the laser (maybe something to do with compression on the DVD?)! Too bad the letterbox image wasn't centered on the screen, but I could live with that! I remember the anticipation of getting this disc back in '96 and it kept getting delayed, but it finally showed up toward the end of the year and was WELL worth the wait!

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Yeah,the Laser was louder,but that's were the "good news" ends,because it had no better definition or fidelity as some let us "belive".The DPL track was no match to either of the DD 5.1 tracks,end of line!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks