1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Mann: More special editions please :)

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Craig: Mclaren, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Craig: Mclaren

Craig: Mclaren Second Unit

I'm a big fan of Michael Mann's work and i'm hoping that we can see his films given the same sort of treatment as Ridley Scott's etc. The new R1/R2 "Manhunter" DVD is a start but how about warner re-releasing "Heat" and "Last of the Mohican's" as two disc sets featuring a commentary on both, deleted scenes, making of documentary etc. "The Insider" deserves a 2disc set as well. Perhaps a new version of "Thief" could be considered. If they can sort out the problems with "The Keep" then Paramount could release this too. Its got a decent cult following. Oh, has anybody heard anymore about Anchorbays release of the TV show "Crime Story". With Michael Mann's artistic use of music i'm guessing some tunes will be dropped? [​IMG]

2. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I'm all in favor of craig's request. I would love a SE of Heat with DTS but , I sigh, since it's Warner... forget it.[​IMG]

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I thought Mann was one of those directors who resisted special editions? I thought that was why discs like The Insider and Ali were so barebones.

4. Bernhard

Bernhard Stunt Coordinator

I am so much in need of a Heat SE! I've been surfing the internet up and down to come up with background information on this film but I found not much. [​IMG]

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

There is a non-region 1 disc of Heat that has a DTS track.

I would love a special edition of Heat. DTS or no DTS. That is without a doubt my favorite Mann film. When Heat was on broadcast TV a few years ago, Mann volunteered to add in additional footage and re-edit the film for TV but the network declined. I would like to have a disc with a deleted scenes section.

6. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Craig: Mclaren wrote (post #1):

7. Nathan V

Nathan V Supporting Actor

I get the Hollywood reporter, and every week or so they have a section on the newest MPAA ratings, and last week there was a "Ali: Director's cut" listed. It had the exact same rating as the current cut (R for some violence and brief language), but an asterisk indicated that this was a different cut. Perhaps we can expect a special ed. of that soon.