What's new

Michael Lonsdale passes away at age 89 (1 Viewer)

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
French actor Michael Lonsdale who played the Bond villain Drax in Moonraker has passed away at age 89. He was excellent in Day of the Jackal, The Bride Wore Black and The Remains of the Day.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
As comfortable in French as in English. Appeared in Bunuel's films as well. He worked with so many fine directors. Check him out in the challenging Rivette film Out 1. He was always a joy to watch. RIP.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
A wonderful actor who never gave a poor performance.
i particularly liked his performance in The Day of the Jackal.
RIP good Sir.

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lon Cross
For those who like to keep track, he died on September 21, 2020 in the city where he was born, Paris, France.

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
Moonraker is one of the best Bonds for me, i think it's the space theme. The space shuttle launched first in this film, it didn't actually launch until 1981. Michael Lonsdale was inspired casting, so urbane. Every scene is memorable, meeting Bond, the sniper in the tree, gas masks in Venice, the space station. The 4k disc can't come soon enough for me.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Moonraker is one of the best Bonds for me, i think it's the space theme. The space shuttle launched first in this film, it didn't actually launch until 1981. Michael Lonsdale was inspired casting, so urbane. Every scene is memorable, meeting Bond, the sniper in the tree, gas masks in Venice, the space station. The 4k disc can't come soon enough for me.
i didn't know that. must file that trivia away for later! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks