What's new

Michael Jackson has died!!! (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I wasnt the biggest fan either but you cant deny MJ was a legend. I have Thriller and the 2 disc Essentials CDs and have to drop them on occasion.

May he RIP. Godspeed

:frowning:

MJ and Farrah in one day! Damn!

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I had heard earlier this week that he had hired Lou Ferrigno to be his trainer to get him in shape for a concert run. I really hope this has nothing to do with that.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Jackson wasn't a pop icon. He was THE pop icon. Thriller is the greatest music video of all time...even 26 years after the fact.

May he rest his peace, and may his children be taken care of.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
While the legacy of the man has been tainted over the last 15 years or so, the legacy of his music remains intact. For all of his weird (and possibly illegal) behavior, he was still one of the most incredibly talented artists to ever be associated with the music industry -- not just his singing and dancing, but his songwriting as well. His influence on the entertainment world cannot be adequately measured. I would have to guess this is similar to the death of Elvis for the next generation, but most likely with a larger impact worldwide. To this day, there may not be any one person more known and more famous around the globe than Michael Jackson. Thank you for the music (and videos), Michael.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
MJ produced some great music over the years, and while his personal life has overshadowed his musical achievements, there's no denying his legacy in music is one of greatness.

RIP Michael....will be spinning your "Thriller" SACD tonite, which remains the best digital version to date.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
SIRIUS has done some of it's own playlist. Let me say, even as a beatles fanatic there are very few things that get me to smile like so many of the Jackson5 numbers. "I Want You Back" "A-B-C" Please. GENIOUS.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
USA-Today reports this sad news too..

He died young, his career started young, he has always remained 'young'.

The first time I saw him on TV must have been with the 'Jackson Five'. I have 'Ben' on CD, I have 'HisStory' on DVD. They will be played the next days.
I feel like the day when I heard John Lennon had died.

Michael Jackson was wonderfully talented, but his life has been partly sad and some parts of it were spoiled by nasty circumstances and, as I am inclined to think, by nasty people.

May he rest in peace, he has given us some images, some music, a few sounds and movements that will never be spoiled.

Cees

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Terrible news. I was born in '78, Jackson was THE defining artist, and even celebrity of my childhood. Through the eyes of a child, MJ was simply godlike, and though he is much tarnished stateside (probably rightly so), he remains so in much of the world today I think.

This thread should be in AHL.

--
H

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Wow, I checked into this thread when it was 4 posts long. Tragic loss of a major icon. We are the same age so I can say we grew up together in a sense, I am very sad. MTV Jams WAS playing back to back MJ videos but now I am stuck looking at my old friend Kurt Loder....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I agree with Holadem , he was much more then a music icon.
Don't forget his contribution to dancing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks