What's new

Pre-Order Michael (1924) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81pbuqqFcqL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I think Masters of Cinema released this in the UK but I never got around to buying it. An extraordinary film! Sublime and powerful, it seems to reinvent the process of seeing. I saw it a few times back in the day; way, way back, when the Anthology Cinema Archives was on Wooster Street.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I think Masters of Cinema released this in the UK but I never got around to buying it. An extraordinary film! Sublime and powerful, it seems to reinvent the process of seeing. I saw it a few times back in the day; way, way back, when the Anthology Cinema Archives was on Wooster Street.
I did buy the Masters of Cinema edition. I expect the Kino release will use the same transfer. It is indeed an extraordinary film!

david hare

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david hare
I think this is the first great Dreyer masterpiece that bookends with Gerturd 40 years later In a very clear way the twp movies are almost identical. But Michael/Mikael is entirely set in a totally gay Weimar milieu which stretches itself out here and there to the immigre salon world of Berlin in 1925. Gertrud picks up the denied love narrstive and takes it into almost infinite depth now in a heterosexual context in which the lead will die alone, but knowing a great love. The two films are incomparable masterpieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks