What's new

Mic recording-delayed sound? (1 Viewer)

Kadebla

Auditioning
Real Name
Melkor
Hi,
I just got a Sure sm57 mic, and an ART tube mp preamp connected with an XLR cable. Got the whole thing to work and connected everything properly.
But I've noticed that when i strum the strings (Im recording guitar btw) the sound coming from my pc speakers comes out delayed.
For example if a strum an E, I hear it from the speakers 0.1 second later. Its really a pain.
I also get this when recording keyboards with a normal audio cable, but there's an option on the keyboard called EXTERNAL LOCK that reduces the delay.
Obviously theres no such option on a guitar amp haha. And I also cant find an option like this on the pc.
Any way to tackle the problem?
Thanks in advance

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Your PC is converting the analog signal to digital and that takes a little bit of time. Maybe a faster sound card would help? I really have no idea.

Kadebla

Auditioning
Real Name
Melkor
Robert_J said:
Maybe a faster sound card would help?
Well thanks for diagnosing the problem but getting a new soundcard is really not the best solution for me right now:(
Is getting a new sound card really necessary? Is there no other way?!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
No way that I can think of. On the other hand, we are a home theater site and not a live audio recording site. I don't like sending people away but you will probably get better information from guys with more recording experience.

Kadebla

Auditioning
Real Name
Melkor
Ahh. Sorry. I'm pretty sure I've seen questions about recording on this site before. I'll just leave the thread and hope someone will get the anwser. Anyway thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rajbcpa1