What's new

MIB Superbit (1 Viewer)

I oqn it and I think the transfer is absolutely brilliant. I have not seen all the other versions of the disc, and I have not done any comparisons so I can't compare. But on my CRT PJ the PQ is stunning.

Kenneth

Geoff_D

Supporting Actor
I bought MiB Superbit because I remembered my 2-disc set's transfer not looking that hot - but I did a brief a-b comparison and they are very similar, picture wise. Colour saturation is maybe a touch better on the SB, but the real plus is the stonking dts soundtrack. The R2 SB of MiB (one too many acronyms?) uses the same master as on the 2-disc set, with the same nicks and scratches and player-generated subs present on both versions.

If you want the movie in it's purest state, then get the upcoming R1 SB version. It'll have burnt in subs, it won't be dubbed to cover some naughty words and no PAL speed-up. Or if you just want the R2 cheap then check out Play - they've got it for a tenner (about a month after I buy it at 17.99 they reduce it to almost half price :angry:).

Lee_eel

Second Unit
Geoff, are there many compression artefacts in the SB version? I noticed a few in the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks