What's new

Miami Vice season 3....Any news??? (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
I'd say season 3 will be released in July,to tie in with the release of the motion picture.And season 4 will be released the same time the motion picture is released on DVD,with the fifth,and final,season released early/mid 2007.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm sincerely hoping that Universal will release Season 3 to tie in with the film that's coming out this summer. But shouldn't we have heard an announcement by now if that were the case?

My biggest fear is that Universal is still on the fence for the rest of this series. It was my understanding that they paid something around $2.5 million to secure the music rights for seaons 1 and 2 together (somebody please correct me if I'm wrong), but their initial deal was only for the first two seasons.

Hopefully we'll see a Season 3 announcement really soon (it was my favorite of all the Vice seasons)...and of course the original music has better be included or no sale.

Fingers crossed.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I've heard that the music rights for all five seasons were secured before S1 was released. The first two seasons have sold well, so I don't see a reason to worry just yet. With the movie coming out, Universal would be wise to either release S3 around the film's theatrical release or when the movie is released on DVD. We'll just have to wait for news from tvshowsondvd.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Universal will pass on the rest of the seasons, but I'm very curious as to why season 3 isn't being released around the time of the movie launch. Hopefully they are working on the remaining seasons together so they can release them in a buyer friendly time span, say 3 to 6 months apart. That's what I'm hoping for.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Any word on Season 3 yet? it was 10 month between season 1 & 2 and it's coming up on 10 months from when season 2 was released.

Anyone??

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm wondering about this too. I know the first season sold very well, and I've heard (although it could be a rumor) that Universal secured music rights for all the seasons when they released the first one.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
TV Shows on DVD reports today that Universal will be releasing seasons 3 and 4 in March 2007! That makes up for the lack of DVD releases to coincide with the Michael Mann film--perhaps the entire series will be out in 2007!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
more companies need to do this. If they already know the set sells, go ahead and release double for the fans instead. If seasons 1-3 sold well, why not do 4 and 5 on the same day, the same people will buy both anyways

RogerH

Supporting Actor
And with Universal apparently doing away with the double sided discs I wouldn't have to rush through them to see if they were defective (like I'm doing with the first four seasons of Magnum PI) when getting both in the same month.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Now I've heard that Universal is gradually doing away with the 3 disc DVD 18s but I haven't bought any of their stuff since season 4 of Magnum.

Is there a chance that these will be six disc sets as opposed to those annoying flippers?

Either way, this is excellent news. I'll be getting them as soon as they're available.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I would think they would be single-sided as Airwolf: Season 2 will be single-sided (season 1 was double sided).

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
I really hate the double-sided discs--I'm shocked I haven't had any glitches or other problems with my MV or other TV-on-DVD sets.

I still find it strange that Universal didn't capitalize on the Michael Mann film by releasing a season or two, but considering the film didn't do well at the box office, perhaps it's just as well. I've heard that Mann himself didn't want Universal to promote the series on DVD when the film was released, but I don't know if there's any truth to it. Perhaps S5 can be released in late Fall/early December to appease MV fans and have the entire series out on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks