What's new

Miami Vice Season 2 - Nov 22, 2005 (1 Viewer)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
As seen on DVDAnswers and tvshowsondvd - we will have Miami Vice Season 2 before Thanksgiving. Only one bonus featurette this time - "Ride With Vice".

Jonathan_

Second Unit
November 22nd is gonna break me.

Seinfeld S5&S6
Golden Girls S3
Home Improvement S3
King Kong
Polar Express
War of the Worlds '05
and now Miami Vice S2

Patrick.C

Second Unit

Season 2 was basically the same as season 1 in terms of the style and themes of the show. Crockett was still wearing the pastels, driving the Daytona, etc. It was season 3 where things started to change a little bit.

Greg Z

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Universal took the profits from season 1 and put it into remastering the video on season 2. Season 1 looked really crappy.:frowning:

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I think it was said around the time the first season appeared, that the reason it took so long for MV to come out on DVD is because they wanted to do it right and get the music rights for the entire series run, so most likely it'll be the correct unaltered versions.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
The cover art is up at TVShowsonDVD. Its the exact same as season 1, just with a green tint instead of blue. I can't help but think this is a mock-up done for the trade magazine ad that it appeared in. They probably had a deadline to meet on the ad, and didn't have the final art ready yet.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
It looks like all the original music will be included in Season 2. Here is a promotional email I got from Universal:

Miami Vice Season 2
The groundbreaking detective series that defined a decade returns to DVD with all 22 thrilling episodes of Miami Vice: Season Two! In this electrifying Emmy-nominated and Golden Globe-winning second season, Vice cops Sonny Crockett (Don Johnson) and Rico Tubbs (Philip Michael Thomas) are back in their sleek Ferrari pursuing every ruthless criminal under the relentless Miami sun. With a sizzling soundtrack of all the original hit songs remixed in 5.1 Surround Sound, including music by Phil Collins, U2, The Who and more, it's no mystery to see why Miami Vice was the supercharged action series that People magazine hailed as 'the first show to look really new and different since color TV was invented.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
That is great news but I sincerely hope Universal doesn't cheap out and give us the same cover with a green tint. That's lame if it's the case!

And also, I hope that the picture quality is fixed up. While I understand that Universal spent a mint on securing music rights for S1, the could've worked on the video as well.

Definite room for improvement.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
The color of the cover is the last of my concerns on this release. As long as the Music is correct, I'm impressed!!
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks