What's new

Miami Vice Blue Ray Collection (1 Viewer)

Peter Neski

Screenwriter
I have been enjoying this BR set ,and have watched season 1 & 2 when they came out on VHS and Dvd
and always noticed how individual episodes all have different quality in there source prints and transfers
The Blue ray's are clearly a improvement ,and shows how some episodes range from faded OK transfers
To super transfers like the season Two episode "Dutch Oven"
Two shows which looked bad on dvd ,tape and TV reruns "The Glades",and "Smugglers Blues" have new better
transfers on these new Blue Rays
But the first episode of the second season "Prodigal Son" is dark and while the dvd isn't great Its clearly better

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
I have been enjoying this BR set ,and have watched season 1 & 2 when they came out on VHS and Dvd
and always noticed how individual episodes all have different quality in there source prints and transfers
The Blue ray's are clearly a improvement ,and shows how some episodes range from faded OK transfers
To super transfers like the season Two episode "Dutch Oven"
Two shows which looked bad on dvd ,tape and TV reruns "The Glades",and "Smugglers Blues" have new better
transfers on these new Blue Rays
But the first episode of the second season "Prodigal Son" is dark and while the dvd isn't great Its clearly better
I just picked this set up. Most of the episodes look really good. None look bad which is a big improvement from the DVDs. "Smuggler's Blues" looked awful on my DVD but looks great on blu ray. "Prodigal Son" looks dramatically cleaner than on blu ray but the color is gone. It's kind of washed out. Not bad but it doesn't pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks