What's new

MI-5 (Spooks) Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I realise this season of Spooks has yet to air in the US (as MI5), but is anyone out there watching it in the UK or having friends tape it for them across the pond? I'd like to get a discussion going about the current season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw the season 3 premiere, and it was excellent! I don't see films that good, and to think this is just a BBC TV show.

Wonder how Adam Carter will fit in with the rest of the cast as it was getting awfully crowded in the camera frame when the 4 spooks were meeting for lunch at the end of the episode.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark

That pretty much gets resolved at the end of episode two. I'm wondering how permanent the changes being made are. Anyway, we're up to episode three, and things have really begun to heat up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finished up episodes 2 and 3, and the show is compelling and addictive. The spy-on-spy segment in the third episode was pretty fun. I still don't trust Will (Zoe's new guy), and Danny's a bit of a mess.

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm keeping my eye out for notice of release of the second season on DVD.

Will the next season be on A&E again?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Just noticed that Saturday the 8th MI-5 started up again on A&E and then the 2nd episode aired on the 15th. Thank God they replayed the season opener on the 15 again in the afternoon or I would have missed it as I didn't even know if they were going to be continuing with the show or not.

I hope they haven't gotten rid of Tom altogether though! He was actually my favorite on the show. I hate it when they get rid of a character for no particular reason.

Parker

John Watson

Screenwriter
Was confusing. Anyway, Tom is now out.

Unfortunately, I suppose we're missing 10-15 minutes of the program so A&E can get all those irritating ads in one hour?

John Watson

Screenwriter
This episode was not very satisfying.

How many cameras are there on the streets of London anyway.

Why was Danny out of touch, who jammed his phone? Not very professional of him as minder, to take the target away from the safe house.

BTW the sound on this program, as broadcast by A&E, is appalling. The sound engineers are from the "let's put a microphone in the pocket when a guy pulls out a key", or "let's put a microphone in the glass when people are pouring drinks" school. Trivial background noises are blown up into hissing storms of surround noise :thumbsdown:

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I tried to watch the first 2 edited episodes on A&E of this season, but I can't stand watching them since I have seen the uncut BBC versions.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
David:

I will look forward to seeing the unedited DVDs to see what all the took out.

I am still enjoying the show but it looks like they are swap out the main characters with new ones just as soon as you get used to them.

John Watson

Screenwriter
This episode was dynamite. The real corruption and slime of intelligence work comes through.

The flashbacks were clever. And what's truly amazing, with A&E editing, it still made sense.

So Zoe is gone!

BTW they edited bull-shit! For a "true trash" crime network, A& E is hilarious :frowning:

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Episode 8 - "Celebrity"

A little comedy/humor in tonight's episode. Andy Serkis playing a rock star (Sir Riff; he was knighted) whose child is kidnapped and his hysterical wife cries, "I want MI-5!" The government (Joint Intelligence Committee) think that saving the child is important to national security. The couple are more than a handful for the MI-5 team. The look on Pierce's face as he listens to Riff's music was hilarious. And loved the ending...
-

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Episode 10 - "The Suffering of Strangers"

Oh wow...

Danny is shot dead. Danny sacrifices himself when Adam is told by the kidnappers to choose who dies: his wife (Fiona) or Danny. Now the original three (Tom, Zoe, and Danny) are gone.

A really intense season finale that has ties to the war in Iraq. Fiona (it's her birthday) and Danny are kidnapped and the Prime Minister is told to get the troops out of Iraq or they're both dead. The kidnapper tells Adam (Fiona's husband) to do things along with the kidnapper's colleague by his side to keep an eye on him.

MI-5 is intially unaware of what's going on until small clues from Adam allow them to realize something's wrong. Adam gets communication with MI-5 through a clever rouse inside of a crowd of people. MI-5 almost gets the whereabouts of Danny and Fiona but a botched escape ruins that plan.

The kidnappers' cause are more complex than initially thought and in the end, MI-5 suffers another devasating loss.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Today I watched about 6 episodes to finish up this season of MI-5 for me, and that last hour was tough to sit through, and it does appear that they've now cleaned house, and Zeph was brought in surreptiously, but we'll have to wait until next season, if there's another season to see if he sticks around.

I will still miss the original 3, and wasn't crazy about the cast changes as the season went along.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm not all that crazy about Fiona, but it could be because I keep remembering her as the woman some guy wants to marry all over again and he flies in her parents to watch him propose in the middle of some square with everyone else watching him propose to her for a second time in a diamond commercial. It's hard to take her as a spook after that. :)

BTW, I read that Keely Hawes(Zoe) gave birth to a daughter in December, the father being Matthew MacFayden (Tom), so perhaps that's why she had to be written out. One wonders if Danny asked to be written out since he got left out in the cold in the off-the-set action. :D

John Watson

Screenwriter
That was the season ending?

I really couldn't follow bomb-girl's role, or how Adam reached her better nature. Was she also a hostage to the guys holding Adams' wife and Danny, or was she initially seeking revenge for her own reasons, but got brought to see that as futile, by Adam?

Maybe A&E editing is reponsible for my not grasping that plot point.

Anyway, Danny's gone. Harry is the only survivor...

BTW I see Season 2 is out on DVD now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Adam's lady captor was denied her own revenge when Adam kept out the PM (or whatever dignatary who was supposed to be at the shin-dig), and appealed to her decency, plus she'd be dying for nothing if she set off her lipstick thingamajig, and she did capitulate, and that allowed Adam to get the troops to the location where the guy and his masked thugs were holding Fiona and Danny.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks