MI:2 and Matrix sound problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leif Wall, Jan 12, 2002.

1. Leif Wall

Leif Wall Second Unit

I got Mission Impossible 2 for Christmas and when watching it I noticed that there was no bass whatsoever. Dissapointing to me since I love bass. Everything else of the 5.1 track was great, just no low end. My setup was configured right as I watched Almost Famous after MI:2 and it sounded most excellent.

Now with the Matrix which I bought back in November '99 and finally watching it after getting a sub there is a huge problem. During the lobby shootout the music only comes out of the sub, not the 3 front channels, only effects come out of those. It sounds really annoying and distracting. The same thing happens at the end of the movie during the Rage Against the Machine song. Again everything was configured properly.

My equipment:

Pioneer VSX-D608 dd/dts receiver

Polk Audio RT55 fronts

Polk Audio CS400 center

Polk Audio RT35 rears

JBL PB12 sub

Sony S530D dvd player

All speakers are set to small with the sub on using the line level out on the receiver. Could this be an equipment or a disc issue? I'm about to upgrade to a Yamaha HTR-5490 and either an SVS 16-46cs or 20-39cs with that Parts Express 250 watt amp.

2. Tom Oh

Tom Oh Second Unit

Leif, i'm no expert but it sounds like you have something wrong with your set-up. For MI:2, I'm not sure if the default audio setting is DPL or DD 5.1. You might want to try again and change the audio setting on the menu. You are also much better off asking this question on Hardware section of the Forum. Also, Almost Famous is probably not the best disc to test out your sub. Good luck.

3. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul