MGM's April DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Jan 6, 2002.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Just in from MGM are their latest batch of catalog titles, all due on 4/16, and there are some real good ones in there this time. Let's start with a first-ever special edition of the Oscar-winning 1978 war drama Coming Home, complete with 1.85;1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and English mono track, along with an audio commentary with actors Jon Voight and Bruce Dern and filmmaker Haskell Wexler, the featurettes "Coming Back Home" and "Hal Ashby: A Man Out Of Time," and the trailer. Retail is $19.95.
    Presented in anamorphic widescreen and Dolby Digital 2.0 surround are more 4/16 gems, including the classic Lenny (in mono only), Triumph Of The Spirit, Joe, The Coca-Cola Kid, Pauly Shore in Bio-Dome, Hidden Agenda, the Robin Williams comedy Cadillac Man, The Aviator, Best Men (in 5.1), and a pre-crime spree Winona Ryder in 1969. The only extras include are the theatrical trailers, and retail is $19.95 a pop.
    More MGM April titles are on the way, with a new batch of low-priced $14.95 releases just announced for a 4/16 street date. Some real sleepers and little-seen gems in this wave, including Deceiver, the John Candy comedy Delirious, the 1990 remake of Desperate Hours, Farrah Fawcett in Extremities, Full Moon In Blue Water, The January Man, John McTiernan's Nomads, and the silly erotic drama Wild Orchid. All feature anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers, Dolby 2.0 surround tracks (except for Extremities, Full Moon In Blue Water, and Nomads, which are mono only) and trailers.
    I'll be getting Delirious and Cadillac Man

2. Braddok

Braddok Auditioning

Finally!!!

The January Man. I have been waiting for this one a long time. Great news. Thanks

3. Keith Plucker

Keith Plucker Screenwriter

Keith Plucker
    Wow...Nomads. I will definitely pick that one up. I remember seeing it in a theater and really liking it but I have never seen it since.

-Keith

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

The gods have listened to my prayers and the Citizen Kane of comedy films, Bio-Dome, will finally be released on DVD! [​IMG] [​IMG]