MGM Where is Escape from New York SE??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed Vandeweerd, Aug 29, 2002.

1. Ed Vandeweerd

Ed Vandeweerd Stunt Coordinator

May 9, 2000
    MGM Where is the long awaited "Escape from New York" SE? It occurs to me that we've been waiting a long time for this one? Anyone from the Studio with any news?
  2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Apr 15, 2002
    within there is a link to
    and read until nearly the end
    Coming up on DVD for Carpenter is a special edition of his 1981 futuristic thriller, "Escape From New York," which stars Russell as a rogue who must go into Manhattan, now a maximum-security prison, to rescue the kidnapped president.
    "We actually found the opening 10 minutes that I had cut out of the picture, and I've scored it and we've put some sound effects on it," he said. "It will be on the DVD, along with Kurt and I commentating."
    But don't believe the post-Sept. 11 rumors that the director would cut footage of the World Trade Center, whose rooftops serve as a landing pad for a glider piloted by Russell's character.
    "In my movie, the Trade Center was never hit," he said. " . . . Just like everybody else, it was pretty horrible, I thought, what happened. But this is a movie that was made in 1980 -- come on."
    sounds like a great time to wait until 2003