What's new

MGM: When The Lion Roared (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone seen any of the 3 retrospective installments in Warner's "That's Entertainment" series on MGM's classic treasury of golden age musicals?

I saw them for sale (brand new) at a video rental store this afternoon for literally next to nothing and was considering buying them with my remaining pocket change just to watch this evening but seeing as I haven't bought a VHS in almost half a decade, I decided against them. I'm just wondering if they woul've been worth checking out though?

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I think That's Entertainment! is coming this fall maybe. Wasn't it in the last chat?

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Was it announced?

If so, I totally missed that.. Maybe it was a good decision to pass these over afterall.

I'm gonna run a search for that chat transcript, but can anyone please confirm if these are indeed coming?

Thanks!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Nevermind - found the statement...

"We thought you'd never ask. A boxed set with the complete THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT! TRILOGY is coming out this year with oodles of cool extras. 2 Jean Harlow releases are scheduled for 2005. Thanks for the kind words about our releases...and the THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT films will not be in snappers! :)"

Great, glad I passed on the videos today... even though I could have bought both for under $8!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks