What's new

MGM to release "Return of the Living Dead" DVD in 2002 (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Michael, you are living proof that one person can make a difference. God bless you Mike, God bless you.

Beau

Supporting Actor
Yeah, if it weren't for you ROTLD may not have been EVER on DVD. THANK YOU!:D

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Erm, I wouldn't go THAT far. I'm quite sure MGM would've released it anyway.
O'Bannon being involved is another matter entirely.;)
As was stated previously, Dan didn't know of the DVD release until I mentioned it to him and (thankfully) I managed to connect him with MGM.
So whether or not the DVD is filled with extras, we're definitely getting a WONDERFUL commentary by two intelligent, well spoken men in O'Bannon and William Stout PLUS this film getting restored video/audio wise. I would imagine the theatrical trailer is a given. I at least have the satisfaction of knowing I helped make that happen. (I HATE saying that though, makes me look like I'm bragging or something.)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to this DVD. MGM is definitely the best studio out there in regards to releasing horror & sci-fi titles on DVD. Too bad Warner owns part 2.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Michael,
As if you haven't heard this enough already, but THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR EFFORTS concerning the release of ROTLD on dvd!!:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I just hope that our on-line petition is sucessful in producing as many extra features as possible for this deserving cult film.
P.S. "Send more cops". :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Micheal,
it is what it is. The fact is you DID make this collaboration happen, i'd say you have a licence to brag in spades! So brag on, you've earned it! :)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
From the fantastic Creature Corner website:
Fans have sought out the rights holders. Barraged MGM with e-mails. Started on-line petitions. Essentially, making it quite clear to “the lion” that they wanted a 'Return of the Living Dead' DVD and they wanted it NOW! No more shitty first-generation (or even 10th generation) VHS copies of the film for the hoard of zombie lovers. They demand some digital flesh-chewing action.
Was it their blood, sweat, and hours of typing that prompted the studio’s home video division to wisen up? Perhaps they’ll let us know later but right now chew on this:
A ‘Return of the Living Dead’ Special Edition is in the works.
Details are slim and a release date is undetermined right now but here’s what your devoted Rotten one knows... Writer/director Dan O’Bannon and conceptual artist William Stout have recorded a commentary track and a mini-documentary featuring new interviews with the cast and crew that will be the featured extras on the disc.
MGM Home Video is shaping up to be a proven friend to the horror public. A 2-disc ‘Last House on the Left’ DVD is in development and their continuing on with their Midnight Movies line beginning with ‘Masque of Red Death’.

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hmm, I hadn't heard anything about a documentary, "mini" or otherwise.....ah well, just something new to ask Dan about I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks