What's new

MGM To Re-Release Bond Titles 10/22 (1 Viewer)

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be looking for a cleaned up/Restored Transfer for OHMSS and Dts Tracks for Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World is Not Enough and Die Another Day otherwise they are a no buy for me. Oh Yes also a dd 5.1 Mix for Octopussy and possible dd 5.1 at least for Live and Let Die as well....not the glorified mono we all love to hate either ;)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
They couldn't find the original sound elements for Octopussy so no 5.1 :frowning: Unless things have changed.

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Well this is interesting news, if the details about the 5.1 mixes are accurate I might have to think again about passing on these (which I originally thought would be identical spec-wise to the earlier box sets).

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Are the Bond movies hard to find? Being that they are OOP, I was surprised to see a bunch for sale at Blockbuster last night. And no they were not "previously viewed" resales.

Mark Anthony

Second Unit
I'm glad to see that MGM are finally taking the Bond series seriously for home viewing. These new audio remixes sound fantastic, if the separate DME elements for Octopussy are unavailable - perhaps they could use the 70mm tracks to get a 4.1/4.0 mix which would be a better source than the matrixed Dolby stereo track on the current disc.

Whilst they're at it I hope the current transfers (I'm not sure if they're hi-def originated or not - if not, why not!) if they're gonna be re-used are gonna have some dust busting applied to them, some of them look far-less than pristine.

I'd also love to see DTS on Goldeneye, T N D and TWINE as they were released theatrically in this format and given how chock full the dvd's are with extra's, some better than others, perhaps it would be wiser to make all 19 two disc releases - with the film on one disc and the extra's on another, many other films including from MGM have benefited from this - why not the bond's?

With regard to Licence to Kill the pre-cut version, ie not released to cinema's, would have got an American R certificate or even a british 18, I don't believe this version has been seen anywhere and would probably represent the director's original intent - especially as it was supposed to be a brutal film, more in line with the original connery's. If this director's cut could be re-assembled that would be fantastic.

M (no pun's please!!)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Weren't most of these shown on ABC in HD? Not sure if they were upconverts or not, does ABC do that? Some of them looked very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks