MGM - The Search (1948)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Bevil, Aug 1, 2001.

1. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

I just ran up on this fabulous film recently starring Montgomery Clift. This is really a great film from the WWII era. Any chance of a release in the not too distant future?

2. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Larry,
    If this was a MGM release then I think Warner has the rights to it. Anyway, a very good film and I would love to see it on DVD too.

3. Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig Second Unit

Bill Huelbig
    The Warner chat is coming up in about two months. This would be a great title to ask them about.
    Around 25-30 years ago my local CBS affiliate always showed THE SEARCH after midnight on Christmas Eve, and I never missed it. Really a wonderful film.
    --Bill

4. Larry Bevil

Larry Bevil Second Unit

Jay,
    I had checked the IMDB website and it listed it as MGM. But, I guess it could have been gobbled up by Warner. That does concern me as I have heard in this forum that Warner places a lot of it's catalog on the shelf. I would hope this is one they would take off the shelf and issue it on dvd. It never came out on laserdisc, or at least I never saw it released.

5. TomF

TomF Stunt Coordinator

Just wanted to voice my support for getting this great film on DVD. It hasn't even been available on VHS for some time.