What's new

MGM: The Graduate (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Well, as long as I'm petitioning for titles that need and deserve a redo, let's talk about The Graduate.
This film should look much, much better than it does on DVD. At least in this case the DVD does include some extra features, but how about a commentary (Mike Nichols, Dustin Hoffman, Anne Bancroft????) track? How about an anamorphic transfer.
I saw this movie theatrically when it was re-released a few years ago and it looked pretty damned good...the DVD could also.
Ok, I tried. :)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I second that ! The Graduate may not deserve to be so high on the AFI Top 100 list, but it is still one of my all-time favorites. MGM needs to give it a new anamorphic transfer. I won't feel bad if they don't add any extra features as long as the new disc also has the excellent retrospective interview featured on the current version.
Another Dustin Hoffman classic that deserves better treatment from MGM is Midnight Cowboy. This Best Picture Oscar winner (the first X-rated movie to win that honor) needs a new anamorphic transfer and extras (Dustin Hoffman is so much fun to listen to on the Graduate and Marathon Man featurettes - I wish they could get him and Jon Voight to participate in some sort of featurette about the making of Midnight Cowboy).

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Get Robert Harris to properly restore the original negatives and some quality sound engineering firm to restore the audio tracks. This would be for archival purposes.

Then tweak it further on high def. widescreen 1080p video via the guys that did 2001, Dr. Zhivago, North By Northwest, etc. Then we can talk anamorphic DVD.

Dan

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The Graduate literally changed my life. It deserves, at the very least, an anamorphic transfer.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks