MGM: Spaceballs Special Edition

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jared M, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Jared M

Jared M Stunt Coordinator

This is in regard to the upcoming Spaceballs Special Edition DVD. According to the interview with Mel Brooks on the current DVD, the original film was roughly two hours and nineteen minutes while the cut version is only an hour and thirty-six minutes. What would make this a truly special edition, not to mention great seller, would be a seamless branching option to place the deleted footage back into the movie. Also, please release it in OAR anamorphic widescreen and maybe with such a title as SPACEBALLS: THE LUDICROUSE EDITION. I, as well as many fans would be more than willing to purchase this product if done correctly and I hope you take my suggestions into consideration.

2. Walt Riarson

Walt Riarson Supporting Actor

I agree. I'd pick up a SE "Ludicrous Edition" of Spaceballs in a heartbeat. How about it, MGM? I've heard the rumors, so make it happen!

3. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I'm going to be buying it regardless, but I would LOVE to have the original cut of the film restored via seamless branching. If not, just put the longer cut of the film on the disc. The original can be had for under $10 now.

4. Jared M

Jared M Stunt Coordinator

bump

5. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Count me in for the "ludicrous" edition of Spaceballs! I'm dying to find out what all the extra footage would be. An all new high-def transfer would be great on top of an all new doucumentary/featurette with interviews etc.