What's new

MGM ruined my Bond collection! (1 Viewer)

David L

Agent
I just saw the actual cover art of the Die Another Day DVD. Once you slide it out of it's cardboard case, like Beauty and the Beast SE, THE SPINE DOES NOT MATCH UP TO THE OTHER BOND DVD'S! It looks horrible! I remember when the World is Not Enough came out an it fit in perfectly in the box sets. What happened MGM?

I keep getting the thought that MGM will try to have me buying the 20 or so DVD's again for new cover art to match Die Another Day!

Request: Can someone do a custom Die Another Day cover art to match the Bond sets?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I don't think they ruined your collection. If you want uniformity, than custom art is the way to go. It would have been nice to have uniformity with this title, but MGM doesn't OWE it to us.

Tom Oh

Second Unit
I disagree John. I do believe they owe us since they released the box sets with the same cover art on 2 occasions. They may not have been the best cover art, but it did look good with the matching spines. Die Another Day comes with cardboard cover for the store display. Why couldn't they have come up with a same cover art pattern since it is hidden inside the cardboard anyway.

It doesn't really surprise me considering that it's a MGM release. (See sticky Remo thread)

David L

Agent
It would have been nice to have uniformity with this title, but MGM doesn't OWE it to us.
Maybe what I meant to say is "What a shame Die Another Day does not look like part of MGM's James Bond collection."

I'll keep the SE's together at eye level, front and center, bookended by some nice martini glasses and Die Another Day will take it's place further on down the shelf between Deliverance and Die Hard. :b

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
It does not matter to me, I use custom covers for almost all my Bond DVDs. I am planning on using a custom one of the DAD teaser poster with the Beretta on the ice.

Lafe F

Second Unit
I thought Die Another Day had a cover on the other side that would match the other Bond discs when reversed?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone ever thought of making the spine white-on-black for all their DVDs? I think that would look very sleek - if you're into sleek.

I'm a 'sleek' kinda person. :D

Gordy

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Personally, I'm waiting on Zinema to create one of his awesome covers for Die Another Day. Otherwise I could be in trouble, seein' as my entire Bond collection uses his covers. :)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
This is another reason why I'm glad I just organize all my titles by chronological release date so I never have to worry about the spines for a series of films matching. :)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Zinema will be doing a cover for the new bond title. It's not online yet, but in the meantime, go download his other fabulous covers on dvdcoverart.com.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"Does "anal retentive" have a hyphen in it?"

That is a very good question. I'll research this and get back to you. ;)

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Claiming that a studio "ruined" your collection just because the spines don't match is a little nuts. I understand your plight, but let's tone down the hyperbole.

"Ruined my collection" would fit if they say attached an incendiary device to your Die Another Day set that caused it and all your other Bond discs to burst into flames.

Mismatching spines falls more into the "inconvenince" category.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks