What's new

MGM -- remaining Peter Sellers films (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Perhaps it's early to surmise that Anchor Bay's Peter Sellers collection is a hit, but it certainly has a built-in audience of fans that are likely to buy either the box or selected titles. Moreover, you have already been good about releasing previous Sellers hits as the Pink Panther films and the cult faves like HENRY ORIENT and THE PARTY. As such, I think you should consider preparing the remaining Peter Sellers films in your library, many just recently inherited:

UNDERCOVERS HERO (SOFT BEDS, HARD BODIES) {UA release}
GHOST IN THE NOONDAY SUN {MCEG Virgin tape release}
UP THE CREEK {Fries tape release}
NEVER LET GO {Rank Organisation/Carlton deal with Orion}
THE BLOCKHOUSE {Hemdale production, Cannon release}

I don't know if any of these could be released in time with the upcoming Geoffrey Rush biopic on HBO, but interest in Sellers just keeps getting bigger, and that film will be a big boost, so you do have a marketing angle.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mark - I suspect most people haven't even heard of these titles. Personally, I find Sellers interesting in every one of his roles, even if the movies aren't so hot. The titles you list are pretty obscure, and might not all be good movies, but I do agree that anything with Sellers in it is at least worth a rental.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
How could you forget

What's New, Pussycat

my most wanted Peter Sellers film not on DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks