What's new

MGM releases for June, July and August (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html

In June and July, look for
Barbershop 2 (6/8)
Touching the Void
Dead Like Me: Season 1 (6/15)
Kotch
Lovers and Other Strangers
Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came
Take the Money and Run
The Charlie Chan Collection 6-disc set, including The Chinese Cat, Charlie Chan in the Secret Service, The Jade Mask, Meeting at Midnight, The Shanghai Cobra and The Scarlet Clue (7/6)
Agent Cody Banks 2 (7/13)
Intermission
Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Kids
Stellaluna (7/20)
Saved
Showgirls: VIP Edition
The Thunderbirds Collector's Edition 2-disc set, including Thunderbirds Are Go and Thunderbird Six (7/27)

Then in August, look for:

HI5: Volumes 1-3
Walking Tall (8/3)
The Woods (8/10)
Angel of Death
Dorm Daze
Luther
Unspeakable
Whore (8/17)
Clownhouse
Swamp Thing
The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler
The Apple
Chastity
Electra Glide in Blue
Good Times, Joyride
Roller Boogie
Small Circle of Friends
Smile
Zachariah (8/24)

Finally, just to give you a taste of titles coming this fall, anyone interested in The Manchurian Candidate or The Martian Chronicles mini-series?

The bold titles are those I am most interested in. Great to see that Electra Glide has finally be given an official DVD release - I almost bought the Japanese non-anamorphic Laserdisc-port a few weeks ago!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well, according to the Digital Bits on their main page, Take the Money & Run is going to be pan & scan. :thumbsdown:

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Those horror films are the Midnite Movies in August!!! What a disappointment:frowning:

Most looking forward to

Electra Glide in Blue
Smile
Lovers & Other Strangers

But who knows if they'll be pan & scan or OAR.

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I wonder if MGM will fix the audio goof in The Night Stalker. For those who don't know about this, in the scene at the pool Kolchak gets paged for a telephone call. When Anchor Bay remastered the film, the page gets droppped, so you're left with him suddenly looking up, and then going to answer the phone!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Is this the Woody Allen Take The Money & Run? I have an 1999 Anchor Bay disc of this. It has a 1.66:1 (non-anamorphic) OAR presentation. Is this disc out of print?

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor

Yes, it's out of print. It was licensed to Anchor Bay from Disney/ABC. It had a 1.66:1 non-anamorphic transfer and a fullframe transfer.

Apparently the same old fullframe transfer is now being licensed to MGM.

don't blame MGM... blame Disney!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know what this reissue of The Swamp Thing will have over MGM's initial release?

Will the same transfer be ported over and was this originally released anamorphic?

Same with Artisan's The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler double feature... any ideas?

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Wow, THE APPLE on DVD!!!! Anyone remember this? Very bizarre musical from the early 80's. It has only been released once on VHS by Paragon in the early 80's. Been out of print since then and very expensive on Ebay.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Just read the main page and Lovers and Other Strangers, a great comedy featuring Diane Keaton's debut, will be full frame:thumbsdown:

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Roller Boogie.

yeah, knowing MGM, i fully expected to see it sometime.
a guilty pleasure for me.
Smile (if its OAR) will be an easy purchase too.

other than that, not a whole lot on the list i can see.
i still have the original AB Night Stalker and it looks fantastic.
MGM can only screw it up, imo.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Where the hell is Dangerous Game?
You'd think they'd want to tie it in with Madonna's world tour this summer. *sigh* I'd love to get rid of that last laserdisc.

Sean A

Stunt Coordinator
And I'm also still wondering whatever happened to the "Raging Bull" Special Edition ? I wonder if MGM will try to tie it in with the other Scorsese flicks that WB plan for the fall

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I can't even begin to describe how excited I am about Electra Glide in Blue! Please let this be in its OAR (2.35:1), otherwise I'll have to pass, even though I absolutely love this movie.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks