What's new

MGM releases Care Bears Movie in P&S (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, chalk up MGM for releasing another kiddie(ADULT) favorite movie in P&S only.
DVDfile.com reports that MGM is releasing Care Bears Movie in P&S only.:frowning:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
If this turns out to be accurate, they just lost a sale...to my wife!

She REALLY wanted that one. Hey, I thought MGM committed to an all-dual-AR strategy? They throwing that out the window now that everyone else has?

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
This shouldn't irritate me, but it does.

I know it's Care Bears, but it's the principle of the thing!

Cynthia

Stunt Coordinator
And to think I used to look forward to new DVD announcements... :frowning:
Bad MGM :thumbsdown:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I should point out, that like most toy-commercial shows, the film was animated with TV thinking first, and the theater second

I would, like with GI Joe the movie (which never hit theaters, but was yanked because of the bad performance of..), and Transformers: The Movie, it was 1.33:1 first, and then matted for theatrical showing. From what i saw on the storyboards on the T:TM DVD, they were definately aiming for that 1.33:1 frame

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, if it is true p&s, I'd be pissed...but I'd be surprised if this wasn't framed for 1.33:1.

Do any of you know for certain?

Mark Hanson

Agent
I do remember looking at a couple of the toy sales movies at the theater with my oldest daughter. They looked like someone had chopped the top or bottom of them. They looked like they were shown wrong. I figured they had been drawn for TV and video tape and to get a few extra bucks shown at the theaters.

So who is in the know about a few of these from the 80's.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Real Name
Patrick McCart
This movie was probably made for TV and simply put in theaters as an attempt to add some sort of crediblity. (Nothing added to nothing is still nothing, though.)

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
All the ones i know do.
Really? That's odd.

Of all the times I've shown widescreen movies for my younger sister and her friends, I have yet to hear any of them complain. She's currently nine (there is eighteen years difference between the the two of us).

Years of widescreen presentations and the only complaints have come from my parents but never any kids.

Sarah S

Second Unit
If this was truly originally produced for 4:3 then I won't mind. But if it isn't...I'll have to think awfully hard on this one. Maybe if we did a Care Bear Stare at MGM....:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wernerhans57