What's new

MGM Press Release: BOND 50 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Radioman970 said:
My friend tried the disc out on his player and it worked perfect. Ain't that nice... :(
That's good. At least you know where the problem lies then?

Thanks for the update!

I'm hoping for a blu ray sale around black Friday. I still need to replace my copy of Quantum of Solace.

youworkmen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
david
Osato said:

Thanks for the update!

I'm hoping for a blu ray sale around black Friday. I still need to replace my copy of Quantum of Solace.

Will you be replacing it for a good film ?
Seriously though - a real stinker in the Bond series .

My friend of a friend is already working on the new film at Leavesden studios ( strange- I thought Bond worked out of Pinewood),
Long list of countries but he's not sure if he'll need to visit all of them yet.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Osato said:

Thanks for the update!

Eventually I'm going to do a new setup, and I'll sure give Panny a pass this time. Not just this film, but it has never played stuff very smoothly. My old Philips DVD/VHS combo, which I still use for a few things, is like night and day. That thing could play almost anything. But I need to research 3D setups.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Radioman970 said:
Eventually I'm going to do a new setup, and I'll sure give Panny a pass this time. Not just this film, but it has never played stuff very smoothly. My old Philips DVD/VHS combo, which I still use for a few things, is like night and day. That thing could play almost anything. But I need to research 3D setups.
My first panny blu Ray player from 2008 had some issues develop over time. I ended up with a Sony player for a while before going back to panasonic again.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hopefully a man with the golden gun 40th anniversary steel book blu Ray is still in the works for this year.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I am enjoying my 50th Anniversary 007 set I got from Best Buy for $129 and am watching all the Bond movies from the beginning! Just finished The World Is Not Enough and now just 4 more movies to go till I finish.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Osato said:
That's good. At least you know where the problem lies then? Thanks for the update! I'm hoping for a blu ray sale around black Friday. I still need to replace my copy of Quantum of Solace.
Picked up a replacement copy of quantum at best buy for $3.99.The disc is identical to the bond 50 discs too.Bond 24 starts production on Saturday too!!!

Mikey1969

Second Unit
Real Name
M. Fox
Is it just me or do many of the anamorphic Bonds look a bit cropped on blu ray? I'm re-watching the series (at Octopussy right now) and they look more like ~2.25:1, even with my TV set for "full pixel".

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Mikey1969 said:
Is it just me or do many of the anamorphic Bonds look a bit cropped on blu ray? I'm re-watching the series (at Octopussy right now) and they look more like ~2.25:1, even with my TV set for "full pixel".
Overscan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks