What's new

MGM Press Release: BOND 50 (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I'm sure folks who already own the existing Blu-Rays will be disappointed but speaking as someone who never bought them, all I have to say is "Awesome!"
I'll wait for the reviews, though, since you never know with some of these movies. Are there any issues with the existing Blu-Rays?
As for extras, I assume everything will be carried over. The question is, will Quantum of Solace get some new extras?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Scott D S said:
I'm sure folks who already own the existing Blu-Rays will be disappointed...
I didn't buy them either (I've barely ever watched my Bond DVDs so I was in no hurry to buy the Blu-rays) but if I had, I'd be more than 'disappointed'. :) I don't begrudge anyone who picks this set up but since they're burning the fans who already bought the other Blu-rays, I hope this set sells terribly and then when they inevitably split the set up into single movies, I hope those discs sell great.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Surprised there is absolutely no mention of whether the
remaining titles will be sold solo of the set or not.

Of course, me thinks the studio will probably try to sell
this complete collection first and worry about the solos
later.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
If Amazon's early guess pricing is right, it appears

http://www.amazon.co.uk/James-Bond-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B006PFCQR4/ref=sr_1_31?ie=UTF8&qid=1326233523&sr=8-31

$150? That can't be right

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Been constantly checking the Amazon link to go live.

IF this set turns out to be $150 on Amazon, then that
would be an INCREDIBLE deal -- well worth the upgrade.

Will have to wait and see.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein /t/317593/mgm-press-release-bond-50-blu-ray#post_3886315
Been constantly checking the Amazon link to go live.

IF this set turns out to be $150 on Amazon, then that
would be an INCREDIBLE deal -- well worth the upgrade.

Will have to wait and see.
Yeah, I think that has to be wrong. If it's $150 for 22 flicks, then I would snap at that in a heartbeat. But I don't think that's right.. still, the ad is still up, Fulfilled by Amazon.. hmm.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Amazon US just went live http://www.amazon.com/Bond-50-Blu-ray/dp/B006U1J5ZY/ref=sr_tr_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1326236539&sr=1-1 and they've got it for $199.99.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
That trailer is excellent. As I said in the other thread, I was underwhelmed by the details, but that trailer did the trick. Priced right, as suggested, would be a big factor in upgrading.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Expensive, but a great opportunity, seeing as I have ZERO Bond movies in my collection in any format. Amazing given that I do quite enjoy them.

Maybe it's time to add them.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
22 films, at $199.00 is still less than buying singles at 9.99, and well i had to get rid of some a while back, so this is an easy buy,

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I already have the previous discs and got most of them for about $6.00 from amazon a couple years ago.
I'll order the set but need it to come down ler then $200 for me to keep the order.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I just ordered this using the UK link on HTF (thank you) for 78.07 pounds (including a mere 3.08 for shipping?!) which comes to just under $117.00 total. I do not know how this is possible, since the UK page listed it at 89 pounds. Can Amazon up your rate on a pre-order after the fact? If not, damn, what a deal! I have an e-mail confirmation for proof. And yes, it is the Blu-ray box illustrated above.

rayman1701

Second Unit
Real Name
Ray Miller
Is it gonna be region free, or at least A & B so you can play it without an all region player? Looking at the older Blu-rays they are described as region B (are they really?) , so I wasn't sure if it would be compatible with US players. I would love to jump on the Amazon UK price, but without a region free player yet, I don't wanna risk before I know.

marsnkc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrew
Dick,
Haven't checked out Amazon.uk yet, but the difference you're seeing is probably down to the VAT charge, which is included in the advertised price but deducted for US buyers. Astonishing deal!
Amazon will never increase the price you ordered at, but if it drops before it ships, you'll get the benefit.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I guess the U.K. packaging will have different labeling?
Neil S. Bulk said:
I'm looking forward to the Black Friday sale on this.
I don't see a release date in this, is there one? I might do that too.
One more post to 1000 for Neil.
:cool:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Dick said:
I just ordered this using the UK link on HTF (thank you) for 78.07 pounds (including a mere 3.08 for shipping?!) which comes to just under $117.00 total. I do not know how this is possible, since the UK page listed it at 89 pounds. Can Amazon up your rate on a pre-order after the fact? If not, damn, what a deal! I have an e-mail confirmation for proof. And yes, it is the Blu-ray box illustrated above.
XE converter says 78.07 EUR = 99.4396 USD
Did I miss a decimal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks