What's new

MGM Press Release: 007 on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
With the film franchise essentially on hold at this point I wouldn't expect Blu releases to halt at all. That's a release strategy that makes sense with a steady film series, and will cost you otherwise.

Its been several years since a high-profile Bond video game was released, but new-comer to the license Activision has one planned for this fall. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Blu-ray synergy there.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
I don't think anything is going to happen until something is worked out with regard to the sale of MGM.

Doug

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
However, MGM continues to release Blu-rays via Fox (the latest announcements for August include Bull Durham, Blood Simple, and Escape from New York), I continue to hope that we'll get something with Bond for the holiday season.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
With any luck, we'll see the release of more Bond blus when the special edition of Quantum of Solace is released this summer.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Originally Posted by Douglas Monce

I don't think anything is going to happen until something is worked out with regard to the sale of MGM.

Doug

I'm thinking this is also the case. I guess the rumor is no more of the films until Bond 23. It's going to be a while with the MGM mess.

I did see MGM is reissuing Never Say Never Again as a BD / DVD combo. However I still can't bring myself to buy that one. Don't care for it. I have all of the other Bond releases though.

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Originally Posted by ScottJH

Jeffrey Deaver? Wow. I'm impressed.

I like what he says in the interview.

Sounds like a Bond novel to look forward to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most potent Bond novel since Colonel Sun (1968).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Originally Posted by Richard--W

Jeffrey Deaver? Wow. I'm impressed.

I like what he says in the interview.

Sounds like a Bond novel to look forward to.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most potent Bond novel since Colonel Sun (1968).

I loved Devil May Care and will be excited to read Project X as well..

That being said, I would much rather have the other 9 Bond films on Blu ray! Let's Go MGM!!!!

Richard--W

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard W
Originally Posted by Tim Haxton

I loved Devil May Care and will be excited to read Project X as well..

That being said, I would much rather have the other 9 Bond films on Blu ray! Let's Go MGM!!!!

I enjoyed Devil May Care as well.

If only Eon Productions would allow the really good writers to pen the screen plays and keep their fingers out of them, the movies would improve immensely.

You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever are fatally flawed, but part of my experience growing up, and Connery is Bond, so I want those on Blu-ray. I enjoy the soundtrack music more than either film. My primary want on Blu-ray is On Her Majesty's Secret Service because it's the best Bond film and a right and proper Ian Fleming adaptation. I can do without the rest of the Bonds on Blu-ray. The Ultimate Edition DVD's are sufficient for those.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Originally Posted by Richard--W

I enjoyed Devil May Care as well.

If only Eon Productions would allow the really good writers to pen the screen plays and keep their fingers out of them, the movies would improve immensely.

You Only Live Twice and Diamonds Are Forever are fatally flawed, but part of my experience growing up, and Connery is Bond, so I want those on Blu-ray. I enjoy the soundtrack music more than either film. My primary want on Blu-ray is On Her Majesty's Secret Service because it's the best Bond film and a right and proper Ian Fleming adaptation. I can do without the rest of the Bonds on Blu-ray. The Ultimate Edition DVD's are sufficient for those.

Thus far I've picked up all of the films (except Never Say Never Again) on blu ray. I've been very impressed with them.

As far as the last 9 titles, we are going to be waiting for quite a while I think.

It's frustrating for a number of reasons. Probably more than anything is the fact that the work on the other 9 films for blu ray is finished, it's just a matter of the titles being released by MGM and Fox.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks