What's new

MGM - Moulin Rouge '52 and Lust for Life (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Actually Warner now has these. Could a mod please change the header to reflect that? Anyway, I just watched Baz Luhrmann's Moulin Rouge which got me thinking about how much I'd like to see the 1952 Moulin Rouge, directed by John Huston, on dvd. Of course, that led me to wanting a Lust for Life dvd. So, how 'bout it WB?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Patrick, thanks for clearing up the rights issue. I've seen the '52 Moulin Rouge and quite enjoyed it. Lautrec was a fascinating character and I wish the current MR had paid a little more attention to him. Anyway, that's why I'd like to see an MR '52 dvd. I love those tortured artist stories...

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
MOULIN ROUGE (1952) is a United Artists film, not an MGM film. So MGM Home Entertainment still owns it, but they're more concerned with releasing films like THE THING WITH TWO HEADS....

LUST FOR LIFE is owned by Turner, so indeed Warner would be the distributor for it when it comes to DVD. Since Warner is significantly increasing its attention to catalog titles for 2002, it isn't unlikely that we would see this film come to DVD in the next year or two. When it does, I hope they include the nifty "making-of" featurette that the old MGM/UA put on one of its laser discs years ago.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
I'd certainly like to add my vote for 'Lust For Life' - this has been on my ten most-wanted Warner DVD releases list for quite a long time. I hope Warners will get around to it next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks