1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

MGM: Miami Blues & Romeo Is Bleeding?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Cappelletty, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I posted this a few months back and am just curious if our MGM lurkers (you out there Alan?) have any clue as to these two titles (one Orion, one Gramercy/Polygram). The full-frame Miami Blues LD is definitely one to replace. Both are great, underrated crime movies and would make a hell of a triple bill with State of Grace.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

Didn't care that much for RiB, but I would like to see a MB dvd...
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    "Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
    "Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

3. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

I would love to see both of these films on DVD, especially Miami Blues, which stars my favorite actress Jennifer Jason Leigh. The laser I own is very hard to watch being full frame & suffering some laser rot but Jennifer makes it hard for me not to watch it.

4. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

I'm always befuddled at how MGM picks their catalog titles. I would think that both of these -- and the aforementioned State of Grace -- would be decent sellers. The Romeo Is Bleeding LD looks pretty good but I'm afraid that it might rot (a Sony DADC pressing-- damn them all to hell!), but Miami Blues might as well be an old video for as fuzzy and washed-out as it is. Great performances in all of them-- Fred Ward (who also produced) has a career high point in Miami Blues.