mgm kingpin

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan L B, Mar 31, 2002.

1. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

does anybody remeber this little film from the farrellies, now why is it rated R, is it really 14.99 and how funny is the commentary

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

MSRP - $14.98, sells in stores for around $10

Rating -

3. YANG

YANG Second Unit

When KINGPIN hits the theater,it was rated PG13.The DVD version gets an R,possibly due to some sexually related jokes and numbers of "fuck" used,which maybe too extreme for PG13 rating.

4. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Second Unit

The R rating on the DVD really doesn't mean a whole lot. The scenes that were added shouldn't constitute an R rating. I forget what they were, but I remember having seen worse on television. Like was mentioned above it is probably for foul language. As for the $14.99 price, well, you can probably get it for about $10 at a department store. As to why it is so cheap, who knows. The commentary really isn't all that funny, it's just interesting.

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Ive seen Kingpin in Walmart for $8

6. Ryan L B

Ryan L B Supporting Actor

so there commentaries are morely intresting and tell all of the neat facts from the set

7. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

The Farrelly brothers are decent commentators but look for a lot of "We knew that guy and wanted to give him a part in this movie" type comments.

Sometimes, they do not even offer any technical details about filming and pass "you had to be there" stories from the set.

8. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

The new footage isn't much to speak of. Maybe like 1-2 minutes total scattered throughout. One is Roy in his bed at the hotel in Reno, looking, moving, sounding like he's having sex...he then rolls off to reveal a blow-up doll. Another is after Claudia leaves them in Reno and takes all their cash, they are shown at a homeless mission, with priests hosing them and a bunch of other bare butt exposed homeless men down with a fire hose. I'm thinking there is maybe one of two more, but they are so brief and so trivial I never could place whether or not they were in the theatrical cut. There is no added profanity, at least I didn't hear any. The new material adds nothing, really.

I haven't listened to the commentary, but the video and audio hold up fine. The DVD goes for 9.44 at all the Wal-Marts here in Kansas, so if you're a fellow fan of the movie, it's a no lose situation.