What's new

MGM horror title wants (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
MGM has several excellent horror titles they still haven't released yet, but seeing the quality MGM has been putting into their horror efforts, I'm sure I'll be pleased when my favorites get released. Anyways, I have an idea that you could bring to fruition. There are several slashers in your catalog that still need releases, so how about releasing them all in a slasher line in 2004. Here are the titles I speak of, all which need to be released OAR by the way:

The Burning- One of the very best slashers, and one that fans have been dying for. A fully uncut SE is definitely well deserved with commentary, interviews, and anything else you can get. Also, Tom Savini did the effects, and I'm sure he'd be willing to contribute a featurette on the gore fx, as he has done on other DVD of films he's worked on.

Deadly Blessing- One of Wes Craven's three classics in my eyes. You delivered a fantastic DVD of Craven's Last House, so I'd like to see an equally packed disc for this better film of his. He'd surely do a commentary, and I'm sure you could come up with other features like interviews, featurettes, etc.

The Town That Dreaded Sundown- Excellent film based on the true story of the Texarkana Phantom Killer. I would really love to see several extras on the true story of what happened. Its an obvious opportunity, and it would be really interesting to see new documentaries and any info on the killings and investigation. These extras would be of great interest. Also, add the usual extras on the film like commentary, etc, and you have a fantastic set.

Final Exam- Underrated little slasher here, and any extras would be appreciated.

Just Before Dawn- I think MGM owns this one, but I could be wrong. If wrong, juts disregard this. Director Jeff Lieberman would definitely get involved with a DVD of this gem, as he has done so for his other two horror titles.

The above titles would be perfect for a slasher lineup, and all really need releases. Anyways, MGM always releases a lot, so here's another title that desperately needs a release.

The Blood on Satan's Claw- amazing satanic horror classic, and most deserving of a SE. Lots of extras would be so appreciated.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
As added to several similar posts:

BURN WITCH BURN

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I just recently learned that MGM may own the huge horror favorites of mine, Scarecrows and Highway to Hell. MGM, if you own these, please realize that there are several fans for both of these films as well, and SEs of both would sale well among the horror community, that I guarantee. If you would release the slasher line as well as the other films mentioned in this thread this October, you would be my favorite studio of the year easily!

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Though Mark Edward Heuck may want to chime with further details, MGM does not own FINAL EXAM or DEADLY BLESSING. JUST BEFORE DAWN, i'm not sure about.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Okay, that really sucks about MGM not owning Deadly Blessing or Final Exam. They treat their horror titles so well, so its damn disappointing that they don't have these two favorites. :frowning: Also, I desperately hope they are the ones who have Just Before Dawn. Oh well, on a positive note, at least this gives them more room to release Highway to Hell and Scarecrows, not to mention The Outing, which I just learned they have.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I can tell you that a certain less-than-reputable DVD company (known for cramming many movies into a cheap "box set" and whose name matches a certain tony L.A. suburb) attempted to put JUST BEFORE DAWN on one of their horror "collections," and was served a cease-and-desist order by a much more reputable DVD company that was not MGM. And this time, they obeyed the order.

I can only say this company has worked with director Lieberman before, but they have made NO official announcement that they have the rights.

If you're trying to determine whether MGM has rights to a title, here's a guide to all the super-small defunct companies whose libraries they now own:

Cannon
21st Century
TMS Pictures, a/k/a The Movie Store
Hemdale
M.C.E.G. Sterling a/k/a M.C.E.G./Virgin Vision
Trans World Entertainment
The International Picture Show
Empire (selected titles only)
Epic
Vision p.D.g
Stone Group Pictures
Fries Entertainment

If any of these companies handled a certain favorite slasher of yours, chances are good MGM now has it.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot for that info, Mark. I checked, and found more titles that I want that MGM should own. MGM really needs to release The Curse and The Curse II: The Bite. Also, the DVD of The Curse II: The Bite has to be the unrated version. Now that I mention it, Scarecrows must be released in its unrated version as well. Hopefully MGM will treat all the great horror titles mentioned in this thread very well.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Im not sure if MGM ownes it, but I wish someone would release From Beyond

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks