What's new

MGM for sale?? (1 Viewer)

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
What about Fox? Getting 5-Star editions of MGM titles wouldn't be so bad! How about all the Bonds as 5-Star DTS Editions?

Back in the early days of VHS when Andre' Blay formed Magnetic Video (pre-Fox Video), FOX was in control of the entire United Artists library.

And where does this put the StarGate: SG1 Season 2.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
There is no truth to the rumor that ABC is buying MGM.

According to the Hollywood trades awhile back, all ABC did was get the rights to air the Bond films - which their research showed would garner some decent ratings (which the network really really really needs!).

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
MGM officials wouldn't comment specifically on any prospective deal, but released a statement Tuesday saying that no agreement has been reached and there are no assurances one will be. MGM reiterated they are evaluating various business combinations, as they have for the last two years.
"We're continuing to move ahead with our business agenda as usual in movies, TV and home entertainment. We're greenlighting pictures and new television shows," said MGM Vice Chairman Chris McGurk. He said MGM is actively developing a "Legally Blonde" TV show with ABC, and began shooting the 20th installment in the James Bond film series Monday, for November release.

Sean Mangan

Auditioning
Unfortunately, I see Disney buying MGM in the future. They already have Disney MGM Studios as a theme park in Florida. If they buy them, it will be to their advantage, they would not have to pay the licensing fees anymore.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
Who wants a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Special Edition, with anamorphic widescreen? I do. I think Disney would realase that before MGM would.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I don't know if Disney or Warners can buy MGM without starting some kind of industry monopoly. Probably be purcashed by a diffrent company.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
This is a very big long shot, but if Criterion buy MGM. If that happens, then we can see a number of great movies being very good DVD from them(a VERY Special Edition of Space Balls, now that is a Mr DVD).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks